www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huge life update.
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:21 am 

On April 15th I had my second stomach surgery and had an ileostomy done. Since then things have been up and down. I have had quite a few doctor's appointments but the biggest issue was my skin was not healing up. I saw my ostomy nurse last week and it was decided that I needed a different ostomy bag system so that it fit my body better. The issue is that I put me back into ostomy bags that I hate and have issues with. No, I am waiting to get samples from the company that makes the bags that I like to fix this issue.

My ostomy nurse also feels like they are going to have to do a correction surgery to fix my ostomy because it is not easy to deal with because it concaves in when I sit or bend down but then bulges out when I stand up. This makes it very hard to get any of the bagging systems to stay in place.

I am also still waiting to get everything done with social security and have been waiting on a hearing for a bit now. I have so much stuff going on that life just all over sucks right now.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Huge life update.
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am 

Very sorry to read of your problems. I hope you have better luck soon.

--John
(double incontinent)

Post subject: Re: Huge life update.
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 6:47 pm 

With Medicare, Dr appointments, insurance companies and the whole who pays for what and when.....it is a total paper chase. If you miss anything, too bad. How anybody with medical issues keeps up with any of it is totally on them. Sometimes I think the system is rigged with "gotchs" everywhere...."Sorry but we can't do that or it is not covered." God help the poor sick soul that cant keep up with it all and doesn't have anyone to help do that. Our medical system is a maze intended to maximize profits over good care!
OK off topic rant over.