www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:39 pm 

I'm terrible at math. Which is the better value? I'm seeing reviews they the betterdry has some quality control problems. Like the tape sticks so bad to the back sheet it rips it off. I cant afford to lose 2-3 diapers per pack and I dont want to deal with duct tape.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:07 am 

Justej,

What size do you use? For abena M4 or L4, the size of the diaper affects the quantity in each package. M4 has 14 diapers per pack, L4 has 12. It looks like the betterdry is sligthy cheaper per piece, but unless you can fit into a large diaper, youre out of luck if you want to order from XP medical. Obviously, the case of abena is least expensive, but you only get so many diapers with it. I stopped using Better Dry when the price hiked from 94.99 to 104.99 on XP Medical. 10 dollars per case makes a big difference when youre on a fixed income.
As far as the backing tearing, I seem to remember that happening maybe very occasionally. I was always happy with the quality of Better Dry. The only reason I stopped using htem is the expense. I use Medline Extended wear now, but I try not to use disposables..but somettimes, cloth isn't always practical. I need to buy more diaper covers in order to have enough to put on fresh without having to wash/rinse the one I used the night before. I just ordered some high backed PP. Anyway, I digress..

My advice would be to order a sample of each and see which you like best. For some reason on XP's website, tehres not an add to cart option for the Abena M4. I have no idea why.

Id stick to XP Medical wherever possible if you choose better dry.. the case pricing on Northshore care is outrageous.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:28 am 

I've had quality issues with Abena as well; tapes already stuck to the plastic backing, tapes that pull off when you pull them out to stick them. Haven't used BetterDry much because Abena has been available and it is cheaper, at least at Drylife. If it's been axed, I might have to try it again as it's the only other heavy duty diaper available here apart from Megamax which is both expensive and made in China.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:55 pm 

Thanks both for the responses! I wear an xl in better dry and they have them by the case for $100 at ll medico. Its 60 per case if I remember correctly. Which seems be cheaper than abena

Regarding the tearing yes I have also had tapes rip off abena. Its really concerning. Looks like I'll just take the plunge to better dry

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:01 pm 

So I ended up getting 2 cases of betterdry for a little more ($20) what I was paying for 3 cases of Abena and getting more betterdry overall. Plus I ended up running out of Abena and ended up buying more on Amazon so over all I saved.