www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:19 am 
Admin

Has anyone tried Conni Swim Containment Shorts? I bought a pair online. It is actually a swim diaper but it looks like a pair of competition swim shorts, such as a speedo. The length goes down to about the knee. I purchased the black one. I believe the company is from Australia. The short is made of lightweight neoprene, almost like a wet suit except it is thinner. It has a mesh liner on the inside and it has draw strings w/ toggles around the legs and hips. Just curious if anyone has seen one. I bought the suit for close to $70. I have tried things like swim mates and the SOSecure swim diaper. The SOSecure was a good item, but for me it held water, ALOT! I would get out of the pool and it would be like a huge bubble around my waist. I would have to find a place to release the water somewhere privately (as long as there was obviously no waste in the suit). But I don't believe the Conni shorts do that. My shipment comes in mail tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I find out. I was just wondering if anyone had tried these before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:26 pm 

Yes, I only used them once and they seemed to be okay.

I also tried the SOSsecure brief, both the original matte-finish one from DTO and the newer one that I think is made for them in Asia with the slick finish. I ordered the second one because back then they custom-made each one to measure, and I thought I had just messed up the measurements and the gusset panel was too narrow because of my mistake, so I tried the "generic" one when it came out.

Both got water inside if I did any real swimming, and I had to find a place to "discreetly" (as well as discretely, since I was indoors) drain out a couple liters of pool water from my pants. I think perhaps they work well if you just walk around inside a pool like in a rehab facility.

They were also hard to hide under swim trunks.

For a while after I got on a new medication and was trying to rebuild my strength, I was swimming a LOT and I decided for me the pull-up Gabby pull-up pool pant was my favorite, but it was hard to dry out (I went to work afterwards) and it meant again two different garments (the Gabby pant and my swim suit) to wear, remove and process. Sometimes I have to get out of the pool to use the restroom, and the Gabby pant was hard to pull up when we (me and the pant) were both wet. It also often got water inside anyway, which defeats the purpose.

I only go swimming when I'm not having incontinence issues, and the swim diapers are just to give me confidence if I am wrong. I have fecal incontinence, and secondary to that I have developed pelvic floor issues; a couple times I've had my sphincter relax and water suddenly rush into me like a pool enema. Obviously I want to avoid that for multiple reasons, including it pouring back out again. I hope the Connie product will block that when I go swimming again. I did consider wearing the Gabby product under the Conni one.

I've never had an incontinence episode in the pool. The second my guts seem iffy, I stay away. But I have been fooled by my body before and I live in terror of having an accident in the pool.

I'd be interested to hear how the Conni product works for you. I used to travel a lot for a job, but I cut that way back not long after I got the Conni gear (for unreleated reasons), so I don't have access to the hotel pools like I used to. And a change in my work schedule means it's been hard for me to do my exercise swimming in the morning.