Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Best powder?

Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:47 pm

What kind of powder do folks use? I got some from north shore but the bottle is small. Do people just use baby powder? Thanks

Re: Best powder?

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:27 pm

I use J&J cornstarch powder because it's cheapest.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Thanks! I saw a brand called Caldesene. Have you ever tried it? It's medicated and has zinc.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:45 pm

I prefer Gold Bond medicated powder but sometimes use J&J Cornstarch powder.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:39 am

Johnson's Baby Powder

In addition to keeping my skin a bit drier (at least for a while), I would rather smell like baby powder than xxxx. :oops:

--John
(double incontinent)

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:19 pm

True that John!

Im gonna give this a go. If it doesn't work I'll go back to Johnson and Johnson
Attachments
52177778277395586461649607032911.jpg

Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:40 pm

So I really like this stuff! It cools with the zinc and smells good. It's a keeper!

Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Is it just me or does powder lessen leaks? I've had a few leaks these last couple of days but none today when using the powder.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:00 am

What is the best application of powder? I used to sprinkle a dusting into the diaper on the ground before lying down to pull the diaper up to tape. Too much powder can lead to muddy powder and/or a decrease in diaper performance for me as it seems like the powder blocked the proper seepage although the diaper. So what’s the best technique and amount?

I use desitin daily defense cream which prevents rashes well enough. Is it one or the other for rash cream, or oil or powder?

I would often have problems with the tapes when I used powder.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:22 pm

Hey Tarlton - I 99% of the time change laying down only standing if I'm out. I find this works best for me. What I do is position the diaper the way I need it, sit up and put two squirts of powder into the crotch area and lay down and continue to put on the diaper. Ive had best success with this. I also haven't been using any creams unless I have active irritation or rash. I also haven't had any problems with tapes. I wear the Abena l4.
Post a reply