www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best powder?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:49 pm 

justej wrote:
Hey Tarlton - I 99% of the time change laying down only standing if I'm out. I find this works best for me. What I do is position the diaper the way I need it, sit up and put two squirts of powder into the crotch area and lay down and continue to put on the diaper. Ive had best success with this. I also haven't been using any creams unless I have active irritation or rash. I also haven't had any problems with tapes. I wear the Abena l4.

Thank you! I will try this in the morning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:25 am 

Let us know how it works out! It has helped so much with leaks for me. I have had ZERO since using powder. I have issues with floods in the morning and always leak no matter what diaper I wear. The last two mornings have been leak free.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:37 pm 

So I have used powdered three days now, using your sitting method of lying on top of the diaper, situating it and the. Sitting up to puff twice in the diaper area.

Notes:
The smell of the diaper is obviously more pleasant.
The comfort level is higher as the powder cools.
For some reason the back of the legs sometimes get pinched by the diaper. I have ordered a pack of betterdry large to try and see if that helps.
No leaks yet, but I also know the general capacity and longevity of these diapers so I change before that becomes an issue.
Speaking of, after a number of hours (excess of 8) I noticed rashes on the scrotum and crotch, so I might need to change at 8 hours consistently to avoid that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:18 pm 

Hey Tarlton - sounds like some success? I've noticed I'm going through a LOT of powder. So ive cut back to one squeeze per change. So far it's working well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:43 pm 

I use Anti-Monkey Butt baby powder in my cloth and disposable diapers. It is talc-free, and made with cornstarch. Keeps my skin feeling dry, and protects against chafing. Also, I noticed that it seems to help neutralize odor. It's available via Amazon and other online retailers.

Johnson's Baby Powder is my second choice, but I don't think it works quite as well as the Baby Anti-Monkey Butt.