Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

What to do till appointment

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:02 am

I have very mild nighttime incontinence and have till now had no real issues during the day.

Recently I have started to leak a little during the day when coughing, sneezing or even standing up. It's not massive amounts, just dribbles. However not a good development from no issues.

I spoke to my Doctor who refereed me to a Urology department for an appointment. Called Urology to set a date and was told it would be anywhere from 12-18 weeks!

I have been taking Solifenacin for night time, but not sure it's been helping much.

Doe's anyone have any advice on what I can do before I get to see someone? Any tips much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: What to do till appointment

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:17 am

Maybe see if there is a PA that would see you? Ive seen one a lot and they can do a lot of the initial stuff. Also how much are you leaking? Maybe invest in some absoebant products to ease the stress good luck.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:02 am

I will get back to doctor and ask if this can be moved up. However Urology department is at another hospital so he probably has no real control over scheduling.

Not leaking great amounts, but enough to get underwear a bit damp.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:07 am

Meits wrote:I have very mild nighttime incontinence and have till now had no real issues during the day.

Recently I have started to leak a little during the day when coughing, sneezing or even standing up. It's not massive amounts, just dribbles. However not a good development from no issues.

I would start using a pull-up for now assuming you aren't already doing so. That wears discreetly and provides the protection you might need. Urologists have such a backlog, even here in Canada.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi

Some things to do in preparation.

Keep a bladder diary a sample template below alternatives available if you have a search on the internet.

https://www.yourpelvicfloor.org/conditi ... r-diary-2/

If you have not already trim your pubic hair as this will help the medical team out.

Don’t be afraid of diapers or exposing yourself all for the greater good.

Wishing you well.

Greenbank

Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:37 pm

The bladder diary is a great idea. If I can hand that in on my next appointment I should be able to save myself another month waiting. Thank you.

Not sure I'm at the protection level yet. They are only small leaks.

Thanks again for the great advice.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:18 am

Small leaks can be a huge problem if they stain a pair of light colored slacks, such as khakis. Better safe than sorry.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Better safe than sorry.
Agreed. It's best not to wait until your wife begs you to wear some protection.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 am

I have started using a small pad (shield) after the other day when I lent up against the kitchen counter, to reach some coffee, and must have pressed on my stomach which cause a small, but noticeable leak.
Post a reply