www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Settling on Abena
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:38 am 

I have decided that I'm going to start using Abena l4 as my main diaper. It works well enough that I can handle small leaks if they occur as long as I'm wearing pul pants. Three cases will save me approximately $80 a month from what I'm doing now. I also signed up for assurance wireless and got a decent phone, unlimited talk/text/data for free. In addition I signed up for a program where I get free Internet. With all of this I will be able to survive on my disability. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders

Post subject: Re: Settling on Abena
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:18 am 

:-) I wish I could put into words what I felt when I read your post. I think the closest I can come is "... Aw, yeah. Yeah." It's such a great feeling when there's all this stuff you've been knotted up about inside and then you find the clear path through it. Even better when the clear path comes with money savings. You rock and thanks for sharing that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:12 am 

Good for you JustJ. Congratulations for all the hard work you have put into finding a good compromise that works for you.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:15 pm 

Thanks folks. It really is a great feeling. I'm gonna try the flour sack trick as well. I worked hard to cut expenses. I also submitted my receipts for diapers and got the maximum amount of food stamps. Here's to hoping things continue to work out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:42 am 

An Abena L4 with a flour sack towel and PUL pants is exactly what I use at night and has worked very well for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:56 pm 

Add my kudos and congratulations on your success. You have discovered what works for you, and at prices you can afford. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:17 pm 

Padded - good to know!

Patrick - thanks. I've had a lot of leaks lately. I had a really bad one in physical therapy yesterday after one wetting and I was wearing a megamax. My pul pants caught it so I was lucky in that regard. I never go out without pul pants. I know all diapers can leak but it's ridiculous how often they leak on me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:14 pm 

So far I do not regret going with Abena one bit. I've had no leaks. I haven't even used a booster. Monday I have physical therapy but I'll be in my wheelchair because I have a sore on my residual limb and I need to give my poor left knee a break. I've figured out how to put a diaper on laying down and I'll be taking it easy the next few days. But yea so far so good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:23 am 

I am glad you have peace of mind. Often the unknown causes so much anxiety. Knowing you have a protection you can trust and a plan for your finances alleviates so much stress. I echo everyone else in saying I am happy for you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:07 pm 

Thanks Tarlton! I put it through a rigorous test today. As mentioned before I'm unable to wear my Prosthetic for a couple days and it was driving me nuts to be in the apartment. With my messed up knee I had to get creative if I wanted to go outside. So I scooted on my butt out the door, into the hallway and outside. The Abena not only held up it didn't leak when I eventually had an accident! So happy I switched to these and have saved money to boot.