www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:01 pm 

Congrats on your 8 months WetDad!!!! That's totally awesome. AA saved my life. It works for even me an atheist misfit. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:33 pm 

justej wrote:
It works for even me an atheist misfit. :)

I have a friend in the local group who is agnostic, and he believes in "what makes the grass grow". It's working for him, 23+ years sober.
One of the many things I love about AA is the lack of judgement amongst us. For anything. You are welcomed back each time, no matter why you my have left.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:51 pm 

Yea that's right. And I love your friends idea of "what makes the grass grow". I use the group as my higher power. It's worked for over 19 years! You know what they say "take what you need and leave the rest"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:15 am 

justej wrote:
How are you doing Rob?

Elijah,
Thanks for asking! I am sober 90 days today :) Found an AA meeting, 2 of them, and am working the steps with a sponsor. Currently on Step 4, which requires me writing down stuff.. I have to type everything since my handwriting is so illegible even I can't read it :P. I would be lying if I said I never thought about drinking, but some days are definitely easier than others. Lack of alcohol has not really impacted my incontienence frequency or severity in any noticeble way. I still have regular episdoes at work, and I often have one episode at home and change when needed.

In reagard to the spitritual/religious aspects of AA, that is no problem for me since I've been a devout Catholic all my life and I found a lot of striking parallels between AA's methodology and Catholic spirituality/doctrine.

Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner. Life has been busy.

How are you doing these days? Are you still able to use the cloth diapers I sold you? Or have you since rehomed them? If the latter is the case, no grudges at all, I completly understand, I've had to sell cloth diapers that no longer fit multiple times. If you are still interested in cloth but are worried about them not fitting, I recommend trying out Ecoable. They recently expanded their sizing ranges on their diaper covers, fitteds and pocket diapers. :) I really like their products. They are hands down the most comfortable I have ever worn, even more comfortable than the diapers I sold you. The ones I sold you were one size fits most, which tends to run too small for us folks on the upper end of the spectrum, and the microfiber insert was in direct contact wtih the skin on teh edges, and the velcro tended to scratch.

Thanks again for thinking about me.

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:18 am 

justej wrote:
Congrats on your 8 months WetDad!!!! That's totally awesome. AA saved my life. It works for even me an atheist misfit. :)

I thought you were a Hindu?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:40 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
justej wrote:

I was having a bit of a spiritual crisis when I wrote that. Recently Ive found a group of Hindu folks who I really fit in with who have restored my faith so to speak. I was going through a lot and really really doubting my faith. I had given up and hit a low point. Things are better now.

Anyway I'm really glad you have found AA and are 90 days sober! That's great. I have given up on cloth as it just isn't practical for me. And it's hard for me to do laundry in my apartment building cause the washers are in the basement down a steep set of stairs. I've been going to the laundry mat down the street every 2 weeks or so and I'm not comfortable washing diapers in public.

Glad you are doing well!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:04 pm 

justej wrote:
sociologygeek wrote:
justej wrote:

I have given up on cloth as it just isn't practical for me. And it's hard for me to do laundry in my apartment building cause the washers are in the basement down a steep set of stairs. I've been going to the laundry mat down the street every 2 weeks or so and I'm not comfortable washing diapers in public.

Glad you are doing well!

can see where you are coming from for sure. Cloth is definitely not for everyone. But in terms of washing, there ARE alternatives to your garden variety washer and dryer. Whether or not you decide to use cloth diapers in the future, I think you would benefit from something I have discovered recently. That is, I discovered portable washing machines. I first discovered the Wonder Wash. It can wash up to 5 lbs of of laundry without any electricity. It is hand crank operated, and can wash a small load in less time than it would take on a washing machine. You can find it here: https://laundry-alternative.com/collect ... wonderwash I originally bought it for washing my cloth diapers only since handwashing has been purported to extend the life of cloth diapers but have since discovered that it is useful for washing other items as well. I also recently bought a fully automatic washing machine that can handle up to 7 lbs. of laundry and a spin dryer. This was more of an impulse purchase/ a way to stop using my parent's laundry machine so they stop bugging me. It has a cycle specifically designed to wash cloth diapers. You don't need a washer hook up to use it, all you need is a kitchen sink and an outlet and you're set. Even their most expensive machine on the site is a fraction of what it would cost to have your own washer and dryer. Given the situation you described and taking into account your amputee status, I would highly recommend considering purchasing a setup from the laundry alternative. You don't have to settle for the hand crank machine if you feel that that would be too hard. You can also get fully automatic machines for a few hundred dollars. I saw on their site a new model that is called the Poseidon that can fold up and is lightweight yet can accommodate an 11 lb load. You can then use a spin dryer which they also provide and hang dry your clothes and have them dry within hours. No more treacherous treks down to the basement! I really hope this helps, and wish you all the best, Elijah.

Peace out!

Rob