www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 am 

[quote="vvpete"]Are you sure you want government health care? Where going to the doctor would be like going to the dmv? Where the government would decide whether or not you could have a medical procedure you needed? Or if they did allow you to have it, how long you'd have to wait, and which surgeon and hospital you'd be required to use? Think about it....[/quote]

Umm... what's the difference between that and most current company insurance plans? :wink:
Current insurance companies are completely profit based. I am only allowed to go in-network if I expect 80+% payment so we are already limited to certain "cheap" doctors and hospitals. And they decide what medical procedures are covered. If you want something really expensive and/or still considered experimental they will give you are hard time. Haven't you watched Sicko or known people who were denied coverage.
Obama is not talking about getting rid of the choice to pay out of pocket like Britain did. He was simply talking about making sure everybody can get into at least the gov't insurance plan. It's just a basic safety net so you don't have to choose between health care or potential bankruptcy if something awful happens to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am 

I'm no authority on this subject, but it appears to me there are currently different types of government health care programs available. VA is certainly one type of a health care program provided by the government. Isn't Medicare a government sponsored health program? I maybe mistaken, but it appears to me that certain types of government health care programs are provided by the government, and many other health care programs are either sponsored/subsidized by the government. I'm just one person, but I'm all for expanding the scope of government sponsored health care programs so everyone can have some form of afforadable medical coverage.

Case in point, at the moment, I'm unemployed and receive unemployment insurance of $216 per week. I started out my unemployment with COBRA, but because of the monthly premium cost, plus the cost for co-pays for meds, doc visits, and diapers, etc, I was not able to afford the total monthly medical expenses with only a income of $216 per week. Due to my income and afforability, I was able to qualify for a state sponsored health care program. Now, 100% of all my medical expenses are covered including meds, doc visits, diapers, etc. This is just a temporary health care coverage for me, but I certainly have NO complaints about the program, or how the state manages the program. The program is not easy to qualify for, but it appears this health program is provided to anyone in need by the state for those that qualify in an effort to see that no one goes without based upon affordability. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 am 

I have an update! It appears that I may soon have insurance through the state of Wisconsin afterall. I will keep you posted