www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:31 am 

I finally told my older niece I wear a nappy/diaper 24/7 and showed it to her since she's a bedwetter and wets in the day.

How many have told young children you know?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:41 pm 

I've informed all of my children (adults) but not the grandchildren. They don't need to know since they are not afflicted.

How did your niece take the news?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:21 pm 

wayne wrote:
I've informed all of my children (adults) but not the grandchildren. They don't need to know since they are not afflicted.

How did your niece take the news?

Not to bad since she also wears nappies daily. But I told her not tell her younger sister.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:50 pm 

I think my nephews know. They are 15 year old twins and the youngest is 13. I didn’t tell them but I think my mom did. She wanted to use it as a “teaching moment” to show them not to bully their classmates if they ever encountered someone who is incontinent. They are sweet kids though and woundnt do that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:21 am 

I would only explain if it was ever noticed and commented on. I see no need to tell anyone anything about my continence issues .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:50 am 

ok so far

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:51 pm 

Both of my daughters eventually noticed my diapers and plastic pants in the closet and wanted to know whose "big" diapers those were. My wife shared about my condition and why I needed to wear diapers so I wouldn't wet my pants. It was presented as necessary and normal for me, but wasn't to be discussed outside the family. They were young but old enough to understand that it would be embarrassing to me if others outside the family knew of this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:04 pm 

Both my boys knew, but I'm pretty sure they both forgot.

When they were toddlers they both found out. Kids that age have no boundaries at all, and they are super interested in potty related things and diapers. Around that age both my boys at some point saw a diaper in the trash, or pushed into the bathroom at an importune moment, and I had to explain to then that sometimes diapers are for anyone that needs them, and daddy wears them at night.

Fast forward a few years and they (now 5 and 9 years old) don't seem to know anymore. Toddler memories don't last long. In fact, I've had to turn off the notifications on the lock screen of my phone because I'm a moderator for incontinence, adult diaper, and adult bedwetting subs on Reddit, and my older boy saw one of the notifications pop up and asked why that popped up and told me it was "cursed".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:25 am 

MSUSpartan wrote:
Both my boys knew, but I'm pretty sure they both forgot.

When they were toddlers they both found out. Kids that age have no boundaries at all, and they are super interested in potty related things and diapers. Around that age both my boys at some point saw a diaper in the trash, or pushed into the bathroom at an importune moment, and I had to explain to then that sometimes diapers are for anyone that needs them, and daddy wears them at night.

Fast forward a few years and they (now 5 and 9 years old) don't seem to know anymore. Toddler memories don't last long. In fact, I've had to turn off the notifications on the lock screen of my phone because I'm a moderator for incontinence, adult diaper, and adult bedwetting subs on Reddit, and my older boy saw one of the notifications pop up and asked why that popped up and told me it was "cursed".

You've been lucky! My 7 year old has TONS of memories from when she was a toddler. She certainly has a better memory than I ever did. :lol: