Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Hope you are on the mend, Patrick!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:07 pm

If I recall correctly Patrick said he had surgery coming up this week, or he may already be done.

So Patrick: Hope you are doing well, and heal quick, and are able to get some relief.

Re: Hope you are on the mend, Patrick!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:46 pm

CG,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. The surgery will be a TURP/sphincterotomy on Wednesday,. I was told that I would stay one night and likely be released on Thursday. The admissions department folks told me that, although Covid is hitting emergency and intensive care units, the rest of the hospital is functioning normally, with elective surgery cases running at a normal rate.

Again, thank you for your concern. I'll report back when I can.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 am

Sending you good vibes for a successful surgery Patrick!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:49 am

Hi Patrick , I will be praying that all goes well with no complications , and you receive the best possible result that you have been hoping and waiting for.

All the best .
Paull Henry

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:51 pm

Thank you all for your expressions of love and concern.

I was admitted to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. yesterday. The surgery was at 7:30, and I stayed in recovery until 2:00 p.m., because they did not have a room. I did not sleep much last night, because every hour or so a nurse would come in to check on me. Always, my genitals were blood soaked, so I would need to be washed. Such is roto rooter TURP/sphincter surgery. I am home now, and I would not change this experience for any reason. Bladder spasms are, I hope, a distant memory. So, I'll be incontinent for the rest of my life? Big deal. If you are not squeamish at the sight of your own blood, if having sweet young things tending to your intimate needs while you are helpless from anesthesia and pain, and if your bladder is making your life as miserable as it has made mine, this surgery is for you.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:43 pm

Wow, you're a trooper!
Bladder spasms are, I hope, a distant memory.
I very much hope that is true! Glad to hear of your well being.
Post a reply