www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:34 am 

I had normal bladder function. Then it got sensitive quite suddenly. Urge incontinence. I could feel it whenever the car hit a slight bump. After about a month I wasn’t getting any sensation of a full bladder and haven’t gotten any feedback from it since. Anyone ever experience this. If I don’t go regularly it will let go with little notice. Accidents of 20 plus ounces. I also pee almost immediately after standing up out of bed with no prior sensation laying down. Lots of bed wetting too. Anyone? I see the urologist in February.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:27 pm 

Not fun, I have had some similar experiences, you are not alone. If you have not done so, get some quality disposable products to protect your bed and clothes, until you can see the doctor!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:23 pm 

I am protected, what was your diagnosis?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:14 pm 

I guess there must be several different types of neurogenic bladder. When my bladder accumulates enough urine, it will go into a painful spasm, like a charley horse of the detrusor. When I'm awake, I can usually urinate before my bladder has enough urine to cause a spasm. At night, it's another story. Until you get a competent urologist to sort this out, look for protection adequate to the task. This may mean high quality disposable or washable diapers, external catheters, or timed voiding. Good luck and report back when you can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:21 pm 

I don’t have any pain. I am using InControl active air and elite hybrids, so yeah, not screwing around. I will post a diagnosis when I get one. It appears I have central Diabetes Insipidus as well, so kind of a perfect storm. I would be losing it without my wife.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:09 pm 

Have you been checked for diabetes? That is how I was affected (but I've had diabetes for 20+ years). One day out of the blue, I started to have urge incontinence while shopping. I can manage it up to a certain point (maybe 3/4 full bladder). After that, my bladder will suddenly decide when to let loose. Lying down, particularly on my back, I can last for longer before the urge. But urge it will, if allowed to progress. Tonight I was watching the NFL on the couch when I received a phone call. I knew it was getting time to void soon but took the call anyway. During the conversation, my bladder ended up voiding into my protection. Oh well, that's how it goes these days.
Quote:
I also pee almost immediately after standing up out of bed with no prior sensation laying down.
This happens to me many mornings after getting out of bed. When shopping/errands, it often happens when I stand still for a moment, like in front of cashiers or bank tellers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:40 pm 

Blood work negative for diabetes, even had the extra fasting insulin test to test for insulin resistance. This is such a mystery.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:58 pm 

Don't stop investigating. Although some of us never do get a firm diagnosis, enough of us do to justify the search. Good luck, and keep managing as well as you are. If your doctors find a cause that they can cure, wonderful. If not, successful management can be a genuine achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:56 am 

Hi Rothpirate,

has the doctor examined your prostate? An enlarged prostate is the most common cause of weird things like this. The nerves on the undersides of the bladder are being squeezed by the enlarged prostate - this can cause urge problems and urge incontinence. This phenomenon affects about 5-10 percent of those who suffer from BPH - and that's a lot... Just google BPH and LUTS....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 am 

The GP didn’t bother, I’m sure that’s the first thing the urologist will check. Thank you!