www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:48 am 

One of my friends introduced me to someone who is also a wheelchair user (she has a spinal cord injury and I’m an amputee). Turns out we are both incontinent! We hit it off right away and we also both worked in the same bookstore back in the day but didn’t know each other. I introduced her to my supply guy so she can get help getting diapers through Medicaid. We’ve been texting each other basically every day and have plans on eventually meeting up. It’s SO good to have someone “in real life” to talk about ic issues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:26 am 

That is great news! Nothing is better than having a friend with whom you can share and vent face to face about life's experiences. Your new friend is very lucky to have found you. Well done Just.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 am 

Thanks John! It’s really been great. Comparing products, venting on bad days, sharing tips. It’s just really cool. I approached the topic saying I have “bladder issues” and she was like yup me too I wear diapers. I said “me too!” Having a friend with similar disability is such a relief. This board has made me feel better but having a friend in real life just makes me feel not so alone.

- elijah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:35 am 

Add my support and congratulations on finding and linking up with a fellow incontinent. My family, as I'm sure with others, are as understanding as they can be; however, they are more concerned about my staggering, because it is visible. Incontinence often does not occur to them. Finding a fellow incontinent must be wonderful for both of you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:59 pm 

Thanks Patrick! It’s been pretty damn cool. My family also doesn’t get it and neither do my friends. My friends all know about my incontinence but they don’t “get it”. Im lucky that they are supportive and don’t judge. Everyone is used to me carrying around a backpack or messenger bag and taking longer than normal in the bathroom. But having a friend who also deals with it is next level.