www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Urologists opinion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:57 pm 

I had my uro appt today. His opinion is that my Diabetes Insipidus damaged the detusor which is causing my lack of sensation and inability to hold it. I was retaining about 4oz, which he said was no big deal. He told us there is nothing that can be done for the muscle damage. So there it is. My bladder fills and let’s go, especially at night, without waking me. I can keep going all day as long as there is a restroom nearby, otherwise it’s diapers and pull-ups.

Post subject: Re: Urologists opinion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:14 am 

At least now you know what is happening. That is a positive step. It sounds like you are in good control of the situation.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:13 pm 

@Rothpirate: I'm sorry for your diagnosis.
Quote:
His opinion is that my Diabetes Insipidus damaged the detusor which is causing my lack of sensation and inability to hold it. ... He told us there is nothing that can be done for the muscle damage.
That's the boat that I am in (diabetes). I can't hold it (I can hold my liquor but not my pee!) And my doc had the same conclusion- there is nothing that can be done about it.
Quote:
I can keep going all day as long as there is a restroom nearby,
I too am ok in the day time but have accidents by nature of inconvenient events. Like being held on the phone too long, or drive thru takes too long, or someone's using the bathroom too long etc. So I wear a pull-up daily for accident prevention. It's far better to secretly pee your protection than publicly pee your pants! At home it also saves on the laundry and furniture.

You'll also want more absorbent pull-ups/diaper for shopping and long drives. I have a Saturday morning supply for when I do most of my errands.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:14 pm 

Hi there

Having a honest opinion from you medical people is a good step.

I too am in this situation and have been since a teenager so you are not alone if you need anything reach out we have a great community here!

Sending you lots of love!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:21 am 

Thank you, my wife is very supportive which makes it easier. I have just gotten some Seni Quattros which are pretty great, looking to try a couple of the step down absorbency of the same brand to see if I can use less pull-ups to save money.