www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrier cream wipes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:49 pm 

The only kind of wipes my insurance covers are barrier cream wipes. I’m not a fan of them but I’m trying to save money this month and having insurance pay for my wipes and chux is a good chunk of money. The main reason I don’t like them is they make my hands greasy. I usually change on or by the bed when I don’t have my prosthetic leg on. If i have my leg on I can change in the bathroom and wash my hands after i use the wipes. I do have some hand sanitizer by my bed on my coffee table (I live in a studio). Does anyone have tips for getting the cream off my hands before I put a fresh diaper on? I’d use gloves but I usually save those for my aide. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Barrier cream wipes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:12 am 

Your insurance should cover gloves if you ask for them. I keep a pack around for putting on creams and such.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:18 am 

justej wrote:
The only kind of wipes my insurance covers are barrier cream wipes. I’m not a fan of them but I’m trying to save money this month and having insurance pay for my wipes and chux is a good chunk of money. The main reason I don’t like them is they make my hands greasy. I usually change on or by the bed when I don’t have my prosthetic leg on. If i have my leg on I can change in the bathroom and wash my hands after i use the wipes. I do have some hand sanitizer by my bed on my coffee table (I live in a studio). Does anyone have tips for getting the cream off my hands before I put a fresh diaper on? I’d use gloves but I usually save those for my aide. Thanks.

if they are the sage wipes then there are no better wipes. I love those. and pay out of pocket for em. I always glove up to change that way wipes/barrier cream etc is not an issue and makes #2 cleanups a breeze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 pm 

Yup! Those are the exact ones I get. I get a crapload of them. I should get my shipment in the next couple of days. My supply guy ordered them yesterday. I should have gotten gloves but I do have a couple boxes and I ordered another box of 100 on Amazon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 pm 

So I just thought I’d update that I’ve been doing the cream wipes/glove combo and they have worked out really well. Especially the last couple of days when my gut has been acting up. I’ve gotten good at the one handed handling of the wipe so I only have to use one glove which saves on money. Next month I’ll remember to get gloves from my supply guy. I did order a case of Northshore wipes that will get here tomorrow so I can save the barrier wipes for bowel issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 am 

since I have to pay for the sage wipes and not cheap. I use the northshore wipes for 99% of cleanup and then
a single barrier one for final clean and dimethicone application. been rash free for several years since going this route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:33 am 

fanoftherichISC - have you noticed a break down of the diaper from the cream on the wipes? I’ve had a few leaks lately that have been out of the norm and was wondering if that could be the cause.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:16 am 

justej wrote:
fanoftherichISC - have you noticed a break down of the diaper from the cream on the wipes? I’ve had a few leaks lately that have been out of the norm and was wondering if that could be the cause.

not at all. things like aquafor have done that tho.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:00 am 

Good to know. I have had less leaks as of late so I’ll just chalk it up to bad luck.