www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7 years ago today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:15 pm 

7 years ago today I became incontinent. I was on my way to get my cat a birthday present at petsmart with a good friend and while taking the escalator to the metro my right ankle gave out on me and I fell. Not only did I break my ankle in 4 places I paralyzed my bladder from the impact (I fell backwards and down). It’s been one hell of a journey that included amputating my leg below the knee. I found this forum shortly after and it was (and still continues to be) a lifesaver. I’ve gone from being scared and wearing crappy attends to being pretty damn content and wearing premium diapers. This is a lifelong issue for me and I know that. But I have accepted it and do the best I can. I guess what I’m getting at is life goes on with incontienence. I wish I didn’t have the $100+ cost a month, the occasional leak and the occasional bowel accident but I am not going to let it keep me from living.

Post subject: Re: 7 years ago today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:45 pm 

Although I empathize with you on the stresses of your accident, you have managed your injury and incontinence admirably. And yes, managing incontinence can be expensive. Keep up the good work; I value your insights and advice. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:10 pm 

Patrick - thank YOU for all of your advice over the years. You have helped me immensely especially with bowel incontinence stuff. This forum saved my life in those early years.

- elijah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:49 pm 

You really need to finish that story. What did you get your cat for it's birthday!!??

It's nice to hear you share your reflection and gratitude for others here. You should also remember that most of that gratitude should be to yourself. You've made it with attitude, and determination.

I can say many of the same things about this site and folks here. I value what gets shared here. They can sometimes be someone's lowest point. I'm always amazed at how beautifully people write to try and lift someone back up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:42 pm 

She didn’t get a birthday present that year. This year she got 2 new bowls, greenies and special soft food that she doesn’t get often but loves. She’s a spoiled brat.