www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breath of Fresh Air!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:52 am 

Greetings all!
I opened the front door this morning and was greeted with a cool, refreshing blast of 45 degree air. To some in the north, this might not be an unusual or exceptional occurrence, but for those of us in the south, this is a welcome weather change, at least for the short term.
With a typical evening temperature of 70’s and 80’s, and humidity in the 90% range for like 6-8 months per year, the inevitable transition to fall temperatures are welcome. During the winter, temperatures can dip into the 20’s for a few nights but typically, the daytime temps are 60’ and 70’s around here (south-central Texas) and typical nighttime temperatures in the 30-50 degree range, though there are exceptions like this past February…. (Below freezing for several days, causing a lot of heartache for many and a few deaths.)
For those that have a need for disposable diapers in the south, summer can be quite uncomfortable, with cloth diapers being at least somewhat less uncomfortable (for me). With the seasonal cool weather change, wearing a diaper isn’t what any of us would say “comfortable”, but certainly much more tolerable.
Which brings up a random thought…. For those that SCUBA dive and wear a wet suit, cool lake temperatures can be downright bone chilling! One of the secrets that scuba shops teach you is to pee inside your wetsuit while in the water to keep you a bit warmer…. For me, that’s never been problem for obvious reasons, but for some, my husband included, he simply can’t bring himself to do it, he says….
Anyway, for those that are celebrating the seasonal cool down, enjoy and party on around the fire pit, like we will do tonight!

Post subject: Re: Breath of Fresh Air!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:53 pm 

Our temperatures in southern Ontario are getting cooler. At 7:30 pm today it is only 9.5C/41F. Gradually fall jackets will be traded for winter coats. Diapers of any kind can be brutal in summer here also, with the humidity of the great lakes and high temperatures. However as the season changes to winter, the humidity becomes quite dry and of course low temps. Last winter when my urinary IC started, it was discovered that the one advantage of wearing a pull-up is that it keeps you rear end warmer. A warm rear end helps to keep the entire body warmer, making up for what a winter coat might otherwise lack. On my TODO list, is the job of bringing out the snow blower, to pump up its tires and run the engine in preparation. It is best to do this kind of work before the snow flies. So for this coming winter, I'll be wearing my more absorbent wear to get through the snow removal.

Ellyn, that is an interesting note about SCUBA diving. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm 

Raised in South Texas. I know that beautiful smell and feeling of the first "norther" of the season.
Words can't describe it! Enjoy.......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 pm 

Ah, yes. Although I enjoy living in a region that has the variety of four distinct seasons, there are limits. Shoveling through a three-foot (one meter) snow drift in my driveway, in sub-zero wind chills, in a wet diaper is not my idea of heaven. But the discomfort is relieved by a dry diaper, a good book, my easy chair, and a glass of brandy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 pm 

I came here to say almost exactly this!

Normally I enjoy summer however, this year was a bit different. Pretty much had chaffing or a rash the entire time. That has finally started to get better. Seems like the heat and humidity aggravated my neuro stuff and I found myself just feeling ill and tired constantly. Couple weeks ago the weather started to break and it finally got chilly some nights. I've felt a lot more like myself since then. I'd be totally fine with fall weather all year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm 

I spent last week in Philly & DC, and enjoyed the low 70s sunny weather, which was perfect for walking around and doing the sightseeing thing with my wife. Back home in Seattle now and back to low 50s and rain, the normal for this time of year. I missed that rain, so glad to be back in it again.

More trivia for those curious about scuba diving. In really cold water, dry suits are used instead of wet suits. Do not pee in those unless you are using a diaper as well. For myself, I use a wet suit when diving Puget Sound (water temp in low 50s, drops to 40 in Feb) and I find that to be warm enough. Of course I do tend to keep my suit warm. ;) Most folks I dive with are more serious (spend more) divers and they all have dry suits.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:55 pm 

WetDad - how did you enjoy your time in DC? That’s where I live.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:33 pm 

I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of homeless in every city/town/village we visited. They have taken over Seattle. Disappointed at the various Smithsonian museums.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:37 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
Greetings all!
I opened the front door this morning and was greeted with a cool, refreshing blast of 45 degree air. To some in the north, this might not be an unusual or exceptional occurrence, but for those of us in the south, this is a welcome weather change, at least for the short term.
With a typical evening temperature of 70’s and 80’s, and humidity in the 90% range for like 6-8 months per year, the inevitable transition to fall temperatures are welcome. During the winter, temperatures can dip into the 20’s for a few nights but typically, the daytime temps are 60’ and 70’s around here (south-central Texas) and typical nighttime temperatures in the 30-50 degree range, though there are exceptions like this past February…. (Below freezing for several days, causing a lot of heartache for many and a few deaths.)
For those that have a need for disposable diapers in the south, summer can be quite uncomfortable, with cloth diapers being at least somewhat less uncomfortable (for me). With the seasonal cool weather change, wearing a diaper isn’t what any of us would say “comfortable”, but certainly much more tolerable.
Which brings up a random thought…. For those that SCUBA dive and wear a wet suit, cool lake temperatures can be downright bone chilling! One of the secrets that scuba shops teach you is to pee inside your wetsuit while in the water to keep you a bit warmer…. For me, that’s never been problem for obvious reasons, but for some, my husband included, he simply can’t bring himself to do it, he says….
Anyway, for those that are celebrating the seasonal cool down, enjoy and party on around the fire pit, like we will do tonight!
As a long time diver (Recreational and Commercial), I always say "It's not called a Wetsuit for no reason".