www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Three years ago.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:43 am 

Today, Three years ago I got to go home from the hospital after finding out just how close to death I was. I spent 12 days being poked, tested, had too many CTs to talk about, and all that lead to bowel surgery on February 20th 2019. After sugrey and recovery I was told I would be okay and things would return to normal. Now three years later I am still not okay and after making the move from Florida to Pennsylvania I am now facing another surgery even though they are going to make me wait tell I try sacral neuromodulation with the Axonics system. The fact is that not even my doctor feels this will be the end-all cure for me.

In fact, my doctor stated that this implant will not help me with the abdominal pain I have which has destroyed my quality of life along with both bladder and bowel incontinence. The only hope from the Axonics sacral neuromodulation is to fix the incontinence issues with the hope of getting me off some of the medications.

So yea, 2022 will be another big year for me and Monday I meet with a PCP "Different one this time to deal with paperwork and sore on my back of my left knee that will not go away"

So I hope Monday to get things set up for the Axonics sacral neuromodulation as I am going to ask PCP about how long I should wait with all the pain that I have been in. Hope 2022 gets me a better quality of life.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Three years ago.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:45 pm 

I hope and pray that you and any others here undergoing similar health related trials do well this year. My heart goes out to you. The only thing I can offer is to suggest that you take each new day as a blessing to be alive and hope for the best.