www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:44 pm 

I normally wear a 3xl in garywear pul pants so that’s what I ordered from adult cloth diaper for plastic pants. They are so puffy around the waist! Is this normal? I think if I went down a size they wouldn’t fit around the legs. Just wondering if this was the norm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:56 pm 

It took me two tries to get the size right. When wearing the cloth I did need one size up (large). But for the more discrete disposables I wear my usual medium size. Even then, it's a bit puffy around the middle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:45 am 

The PUL pants sizing seems different from the plastic pants. I have discovered the snap on Gary Comfort (plastic) pants sold by Changing Times in Las Vegas. It appears that they use the next size larger for each size. Thus, the cut of the Large is actually an Extra Large with snaps. They are a bit more comfortable than the pull-up pants. I have both and there is nothing wrong with either. I just prefer the snap on pants.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 pm 

How the pant's elastics fit around your legs and waist has a lot to do with your shape. My first criteria is that cover pants completely cover the cloth diaper. From the primer: But we digress! Back to cloth diapers. When we wear enough cloth to do the dependable job for which cloth diapers are famous, we need waterproof pants to fit completely over those diapers!
Second is that they fit both legs and waist so no diaper 'peeks' out. Again from the primer: It's the diaper's job to absorb that liquid quickly. It's the waterproof pants' job to keep that free liquid confined to the diaper so that the diaper in turn can do its job.
The pants I use fit easily over the diaper and are a bit puffy. As they say it is not a fashion, its about keeping my bed and pants dry. Good luck. I hope you find something that works.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:45 pm 

Steve M. wrote:
How the pant's elastics fit around your legs and waist has a lot to do with your shape. My first criteria is that cover pants completely cover the cloth diaper. From the primer: But we digress! Back to cloth diapers. When we wear enough cloth to do the dependable job for which cloth diapers are famous, we need waterproof pants to fit completely over those diapers!
Second is that they fit both legs and waist so no diaper 'peeks' out. Again from the primer: It's the diaper's job to absorb that liquid quickly. It's the waterproof pants' job to keep that free liquid confined to the diaper so that the diaper in turn can do its job.
The pants I use fit easily over the diaper and are a bit puffy. As they say it is not a fashion, its about keeping my bed and pants dry. Good luck. I hope you find something that works.

I know it’s not fashion but I don’t want my pants to be bulging either. There has to be a middle ground

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:01 pm 

I hear you Justej. The sizing chart at Adult Cloth Diaper has me stuck between sizes. If I use the chart by best fit waist size I should wear an X-Large. Unfortunately that size is too small for my thighs and wow are these pants tight around my thighs! I did not want to buy the pants by my thigh measurement which would be a 3X-Large which I was afraid would have been huge on me. 3X-Large may have worked for me at night when I was sleeping, but would be too big to use during the day. Currently I just live with that pair of pants being tight around my thighs.

If the pants are too small in one measurement, they are too small. Maybe try another brand or go back to what works for you. It is sad that people with incontinence have to spend so much money with trial and error to find out what works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:24 pm 

One trick you can use here is to get the extended height pul pants like adult cloth diaper company sells. This will allow the pant to cover everything at the top and will extend a bit further down your leg where they may fit more comfortably all without having to go to an overly large bulky size.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:56 pm 

I’ve decided the only way I’m going to be able to wear plastic pants (at least the leakmaster ones) is to wear a tank bodysuit over them. It slims things down enough to not be noticeable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:21 pm 

Ok I’m wondering if these ARE too big and if I would be better off with a 2xl. My Northshore supreme leaned out of the left leg and leaked out of the plastic pants and onto my bodysuit. Good thing I’m at home today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:07 pm 

That sounds like they are a size too big if they are leaking out the legs.