www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone stocking up?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm 

With the supply chain issues increasing, is anyone stocking up on diapers? Prices are certainly going up on everything. Some sites are showing more "out of stock" notices on various products, which is worrisome. One article stated:
Quote:
During the spring, Kimberly-Clark announced price hikes for its products like Huggies diapers and Scott toilet paper. Proctor & Gamble also announced in April its prices would increase in September in three categories — baby care, feminine and adult incontinence — due to the rising raw material costs needed to produce the products.

I was in the midst of trying to use up all my samples and other products that I didn't like so much. But if there are going to be shortages, it may be time to stock up.

Post subject: Re: Anyone stocking up?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:54 pm 

I will be buying some more Incontrol cloth diapers and rubber pants. I also just discovered a dollar store that has 16 X 14 microfiber cloths that I will use for boosters. I bought 15 of them today amazing absorbency . Should be enough for a while till prices become more stable.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:35 am 

For disposable diapers, I am staying "well stocked" - but not over-stocked. I would order more but have storage limitations as I am in an apartment. Rather than a general shortage of disposable diapers, I would expect shortages in specific sizes. I have noticed that the very popular size "Large" seems to be more prone to run out. :(

However, if there are supply chain problems, I also have my old cloth diapers. As they say, "if you wear cloth, you never run out of diapers." :D I would not expect significant supply chain issues for cloth diapers, but, as the Scouts say, "be prepared."

Like Paul, I use rubber pants. I find that they contain fecal odor better than the other options :oops: and, due to their elasticity, are more likely to provide a good seal at the legs and waist. I don't know whether we will have supply chain issues for these items or not.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:17 pm 

Hi All

I am currently keeping a healthy supply, I read somewhere (don’t know if this is true) that diapers do have a shelf life so don’t over stock but keep a three of months of everything that I need. This horrible pandemic has shown how fragile supply chains are these days I take nothing for granted.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:55 pm 

I can't really afford to stock up on more than 3 months worth. One case roughly lasts that amount of time. Money is tight.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:13 am 

only available room keeps me from stocking up more. average 100 briefs per month
have about 6 months on hand at all times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:34 am 

Wow, compared to you guys I am definitely understocked. Right now I have about enough for 1 month. Of course, as a backup I do have cloth diapers.

I am about to order some more - not so much because of the supply chain completely running out of diapers, but because of the usual slowdown for pre-Christmas deliveries.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:27 pm 

I know I posted before but after trying the InControl Velcro brief that Wayne described I was sold so I do use cloth more than anything unless I am in a social situation where I need to be dressed nicely. There are some sales on cloth and I will be buying more InControl briefs, and rubber pants ( thanks again Wayne for the post ). With the proper care they will last more than a year and with microfiber boosters they work well for me. I dress frumpy when out nowadays and with a walker and my gate people rarely care about my underwear :) and my rear end but I do get a lot of people opening doors for me.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:15 pm 

You're welcome Paul (I'm waiting for my commission :lol:).

About supply, we're starting to notice some shortages in odd things like urinary medicated cat food (one of the cats has issues). We hate changing their wet food because sometimes they will puke it up when changed. If the supply ever re-appears, we're going to start ordering cat food well before we need it. Even then, that might not be enough.

We may need to start buying cat diapers..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:10 pm 

I just ordered 2 cases of MegaMax for home and 3 packs for my folks house when I visit for Xmas. I’m not ordering too many extras but as much as I can afford.