www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:14 am 

It is helpful to share stories of incontinence but sometimes i get the feeling that we don't share a lot about ourselves to each other than our medical issues.. maybe it would help with coping if we took time to say who we are a little bit..other than i have incontinence..etc etc.

Ill start. I am 25 years old. I am a sociology major with a minor in social work. My life ambition is to be married, eventually with a job as a social worker. I love helping people with their problems, enriching their lives, and making them better. Last year, in 2007 i had the opportunity to study abroad in China. It was the opportunity of a lifetime.

Aside from incontinence, i also deal with ADHD and pdd-nos, which is an autism spectrum disorder.

I'm particularly passionate about my Catholic faith, so much so i wanted to be a priest, but then i realized with my pdd-nos, i couldnt be.

I started this post because i feel this board has become family, and would like to get to know my "family" a little better if possible. There's more to us than the fact we wet our pants!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:36 am 

Well I guess I am second then. I am fifty-three and have been married to the same great, understanding bride going on thirty years. We have a son and two daughters all of which are grown and out of college. My oldest daughter is married two boys, My son is engaged and my youngest daughter was to have been married next June but sadly her fiance' a Marine was killed by an IED in April, in Iraq, he is greatly missed.

I am fourth in my family of five. Raised by our Mom after Dad passed away in 62. I lost my job last February in the housing industry. I now own my own handyman business and it's slow but steady.

In addition, I am my own worst critic. I have a great sense of humor and usually keep everyone laughing. I love Northern Wisconsin. Both of my sisters are retired there and I spend most every weekend during the summer there as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:36 am 

JRB, thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. So sorry to hear of your daughter's fiance.

Wisconsion, eh? That's next door to Michigan, or maybe a few states over.. do u get bone chilling cold like we do? last January, i swear it must have been at least 10 below some days.

A little more about me.. one thing about my physical appearance that i'm particularly proud of is my height. I'm somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4. I can easily see over a crowd, and have no trouble reaching up and grabbing something off a top shelf. I too have a good sense of humor, and am the person in the family that can make people laugh without even trying.

All for now, gotta get going about my day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:53 am 

Well... next for me I suppose.

I'm 24 and live in NC. I don't have a degree or anything... I quit school a few years back. Couldn't handle trying to take classes on top of working 40 hours a week... and didn't want to rack up massive student loan debt either.

I currently work in the operations dept. for a mid-sized wireless equipment sales/service/support company. The job is good... the people are great... the pay is enough to get by on.

My #1 passion is cars... most weekends will find me either under the hood or attending some kind of show or meet-up. I have a 90 Beretta GTZ that I use as a daily driver and a 06 Cobalt SS that is a tuned street toy.

I am not married currently... but I am living with a wonderful and very understanding girlfriend. We both work hard and try to make as much time for eachother as possible... maybe someday we'll tie the knot, but I don't think either of us is in a very big hurry to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:32 pm 

Hey puddle guy.. i didn't realize you and I are so close in age..i'm one year your senior! I thought perhaps you were in your thrities or something.. good to know im not the only young person on this board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:14 pm 

Heheheh... a lot of people think I'm older than I actually am. I guess I'm just more mature than other folks my age, dunno.

You definately aren't the only "young person" around that is incontinent in some way, shape, or form.

Its tough to deal with, especially when you are young because so many other young people are quick to judge and criticise that which they do not comprehend. But every year it seems to get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:28 pm 

Hey Sociologygeek I too am 6'-3". Height does have it's advantages however driving a small car that gets great gas mileage isn't one of them. YES! Wisconsin gets as cold as Michigan. Today it was a balmy 18 degrees. So far I think we have about thirty seven inches of snow this year. The cold blast that we Wisconsinites can look forward to in late January came way too early this year. We have been in the single digits for weeks now, then if you add in the wind chill factor, ... well it's just to depressing.