www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 pm 

It sounds like many of us on this forum who wear diapers have one of a few types of incontinence. Urge incontinence seems to be a common form of heavy incontinence.
How long did it take from when you started to have your urgency symptoms before you decided that the urgency progressed to urge incontinence and you needed heavier protection like diapers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:37 am 

I have no idea what you are asking for or about. ..but one thing is simple. you need protection when you no longer can get to the toilet in time.
your question has the word urgent in 11 forms in 3 sentences making it very confusing/.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 am 

Each person is different with their needs. Depending on the person and the urge a guard can do. I first started out with guards, than went to pull ups and finally transitioned to the other. As for time line, it is difficult to say. I will say this, I fought having to go to taped diapers as long as I could, putting up with leaks and hoping no one would see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:05 pm 

Hi

I too have urge incontinence following the excellent advice posted by people here I went all in with Diapers at the start when I found out what I had. This enabled me to find what worked and did not after endless samples I found the solution for me. This was the best decision I ever made (thanks). Don’t get me wrong incontinence still sucks but diapers gave me my life back and put me in control I can go anywhere without the panic of finding a loo, I also have fantastic nights sleeps safe in the knowledge that I am protected.

I hope this will help!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 pm 

I didnt decide that my urgency progressed to incontinence, my bladder did lol.

To be honest my issues first manifested with bedwetting which is obviously a type of incontinence. My da3ytine urgency started soon after. Within a month or so of having urgency issues i had my first accident. I was out raking leaves and suddenly really had to go. I kind of took my time as i wasnt expecting to have an accident. When the urge got super severe i i started into the house but lost a full bladder worth on the basement stairs. I was shocked and humiliated...even though i was alone. By this point i was already wearing diapers to bed but still didnt think i needed them during the day. I rationalized this accident away. But then it kind of just kept happening...sometimes a full bladders worth and sometimes a few ounces on the way to the toilet where i would finish.

I ended up buying pullups at the drugstore because I was afraid to commute on public transit without some kind of protection. I had a pullup failure on the train platform and wet my kahkis quite noticeably....i ended up just wearing diapers after that kind of on and off. Now its just pretty much 0 control and 247 diapers.

I have had more tubes and probes shoved up my penis and tried at least 6 or 7 meds and nothing has worked. Ingave uo on all that a few years agonand just accepted my need for diapers like inaccept my need for eyeglasses. Life goes on.....not that i dont still struggle with it from time to time...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:09 pm 

This older post resonated with me. While I didn't start out with overnight issues, I have to say that Mike's experiences were so similar to my own. What a shock it was to suddenly one day out of the blue to have this uncontrollable urge to pee myself. My first time was in a checkout line at the mall. Unlike raking leaves at home, this mall event would have made me quite the public spectacle. I mustered all the inner strength I could find and was able to shut it down that particular time. Like Mike, as concerned as I was, I eventually dismissed it as a one off event.

But then it started happening again, even at home, when my only bathroom was occupied for too long. Not knowing what to do about it or what was going on, I talked about this with my wife. I was worried about future mall episodes (helping a relative who no longer drives). My wife was the one who quietly said that maybe that I need to wear a diaper when shopping. The very thought of that was mortifying! Losing sleep over that all week long, I finally worked up the courage to buy some pull-ups and wore them the next time out. Since then, I was tested for infections etc. and the doc concluded that I have nerve damage from diabetes.

But the transition to diapers was so sudden and without warning. It didn't leave much time for reflection or acceptance. But with no other solution in sight to keep from "public humiliations galore", I quickly accepted that I needed to do something. Since then, there has been no cure beyond discretely wearing a diaper. I am just grateful that I didn't have to discover this onset while doing the 2 hour train commute to work that I used to do. I now work close to home. Thanks to this site have figured out a management routine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 pm 

Interesting old thread brought up, but it does seems legitimate question as many individuals report OAB that transitioned from mild annoyance, to full on companion. . . This is definitely a source of fear for my wife as her OAB progressed from when we first married 9 years ago to no pads to multiple pads a day with boosters. She’s terrified that she might eventually need diapers like me.

My issues evolved because of not being able to go to the restroom due to work. I had always needed to go to the bathroom often, but work kept me unable to excuse myself so I turned to protection. Over the years, while I still have control for the most part, I have gotten use to the need for protection as part of my daily life. As far as a timeline to diaper dependency, I couldn’t say. Maybe 10-12 years? I don’t know.