www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attaching a photo in PM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 pm 

I have tried several times to send a friend a photo via PM. I tried several file formats like jpg, bmp, and others with no luck. Says something about jpg extension not allowed or something.
Maybe one can only attach a photo in the main forum?
Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:47 pm 

hmmm....seems possible. In fact, I may have done just that here a few years back, sending
photos or files in PM and it worked. Don't rule it out, though.

there IS an 'Upload attachment' square on the bottom of this box, that seems to allow it in the public forum...an option for files...'Choosd File'. You could try that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:17 pm 

I just performed a test and it seems to be a site limitation since I saw the error message "The extension jpeg is not allowed." You could try a different type of photo like png, but I suspect you will run into the same issue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm 

I tried 4 different file types, including .png, .tif, .bmp, .jpg. None worked for me…. “Extension not allowed”.
Any other ideas??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 pm 

wayne wrote:
I just performed a test and it seems to be a site limitation since I saw the error message "The extension jpeg is not allowed." You could try a different type of photo like png, but I suspect you will run into the same issue.

Caution advised!

Maybe best to use another social media for sending a photo. If it's a trusted 'friend', use regular Email. Of course, a trusted friend would probably already know what you look like. Still, I'd be wary of sending photos or receiving photos in forums such as this where nearly all members are anonymous.

Even as a male, I'd seriously call into question why anyone here would request a photo of me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 am 

Thank you for your concern. It wasn’t intended to be a weird thing but only sharing a few beautiful photos of a mountain on fire with autumn color. I apparently chose the right day, sun position, location, and camera settings to capture the raw beauty in a photo, which is usually pretty difficult. Usually, these types of photos wash out and are only a fraction of the color intensity.
I am quite disappointed in that the file share doesn’t work here though, but now, I’m over it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:21 am 

The foliage here is well past peak, with just a few trees still displaying their fall finery. If you can solve your photo issue, I will be eager to see it. Thanks for your effort.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:17 pm 

My husband and I took a long weekend, last weekend, to Chattanooga, Tennessee. We have some great friends there who invited us to enjoy the magnificent fall foliage! The peak hadn’t quite hit there, so there was a mix of green, reds (light and dark), orange, yellow, and everything in between! Too often, there’s sometimes a matter of days between amazing views and brown leaves…. The views were breathtaking, and as it turned out, the photos too! I took shots with a pretty good Nikon digital SLR, using various lenses and filters. Most of my GREAT photos were taken from Lookout Mountain overlooks, though I also have amazing photos from the valley, looking up the hillside at the deep blue sky with a few puffy white clouds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm 

Such photos make fall a most wonderful season. Incontinence may be an impediment; however, surmounting it is a victory worth celebrating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:26 pm 

As a moderator, I was able to look at the administrative page for this. The limit for attachments is 25MiBs. Maybe changing the photos to a pdf file format may reduce the size.