www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:46 am 

Those of us who wear disposables all the time have settled most of the time for the Depends, Attends, or store brands that we can readily get at our local CVS, Rite-Aid, K-Mart or Walmart. They are usually cheap if you get the coupons, available, and easy to get with little or no hassle from anyone. For this easy availabilty we double them, add soaker pads of one type or another, or put up with the leaks and frequent changes to stay dry and inconspicuous. You start adding this up and you are spending as much to accept the lower end diapers as you would to buy the better diapers. So why is it so hard to find the better disposable diapers in most places? Why don't the drugstores take note of our needs and carry a brand or two of the better diapers?

You can get them by mailorder but unless there is someone home to accept the delivery they either get returned or left at the door or gate to be stolen or viewed by all your neighbors. I used to get them delivered at my place of business but as I've moved up the ladder of success, I now depend on a much younger crew in the warehouse who work for me and would use the fact the boss gets a case of diapers as the root of many a joke I'm sure :oops: . Even if the box is supposed to be "plain" so no one knows what is inside, todays handling of freight by the small package carriers usually gets a box delivered that looks like it went thru a shredder with the contents all but falling out :x .

The point I'm making is I wonder what it would take to get the larger drugstore chains to make the better disposables available either off the shelf or ant least by special order to be picked up at a local store. The buying power of the chains would make the diapers cheaper I'm sure and so much easier for us to get our hands on.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:17 am 
Well, I'm not sure where you live, but perhaps some specialized stores could carry the "premium" diapers? Otherwise, if you're a "regular" client, perhaps some place would accept to order it for you if their supplier stocks it. I understand it could be embarassing asking for it though, although you could call. Here you can't even get attends unless you mail order. The only things I see is depends, sometimes tena, and some places have a store brand. Talk about poor selection. I really hate having to "confront" the looks when going to the store so I mail order mostly everything. I get it delivered at home, but perhaps that's not convenient for you (work schedule wise). Getting them delievered to work isn't an option at all in my case. Most courriers here will let you pick parcels at a warehouse too, but that's quite a long ways out for me (could always be an option, although it's inconvenient I agree). Left at the door is something I won't consider - especially after having a bad surprise... Some stores don't ship unmarked if you don't ask!

Post subject: Home Delivery idea
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:55 am 

I mail order with XP medical all of my cases are unmarked (they turn the box inside out) the owner of XP is incontinent himself so he understands our needs. I get e-mailed tracking info when it they ship and all my orders come by FedEx and do not need a sig. Here's an idea for home delivery. A secure delivery box on the front porch big enough for a case with a lock open the delivery person drops off the box and locks the box. When ordering give detailed delivery instuctions and on the inside of the box.

hope this helps

As the father of two girls rapidly approching there teen years, LIKE I WAS GOING TO SEE MY BATHROOM ANYWAY. :)