www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Life update.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 am 

Tomorrow I am finally going back for physical therapy after my procedure on 8/6. I am looking to seeing how things are working now that the Botox has done its job for a while. I know how things have been from an accident standpoint but that was to be expected. Now I just need to see it the procedure had its desired effect or not.

My hope it that maybe this will lead to an different solution than an ostomy but I know that it is a long shot.

My deepest fear is not dealing with the pain. That is something that I am prepared to put my foot down about. I cannot function as I am right now and if they tell me that an ostomy is the only option left for me than it better be in a place that is going to remove the ability for my gut pain. That would mean that only a ileostomy would work because my right side hurts all the time and doctors cannot figure out why. I still feel that it is due to an issue with my ileocecal valve but it has not been checked yet by a doctor so.

If no solutions are offered soon by my current Gastroenterologist (GI) then I am going to have to push the issue and even ask for a second opinion.

Here is the big thing. Looking back it is very likely that I should have had an ostomy following my surgery in Florida. That would have allowed for much needed healing. The issue with that is doctors knew two things. First, I had no insurance at the time and second, I would never get back on my feet if that would have been the path taken. The fact is that two doctors were on my case and the one that I was left with did surgery that way it was. Even my current surgeon up here in Pennsylvania feels that I should have had an ostomy for a while but understood why it was not done.

My current Colorectal surgeon feels that there are a few more test that should be done before we decide that a ostomy is only other choice but they are ‘again’ long shots.

His thought is that the section were my surgery was done is not working and that now my entire bowel is not function. This make since because even with all the medication I am on I cannot go a few hours without it for procedures and that is even with fasting.

His other fear is that other systems are beginning to show signs of issues with all of this. I just do not know what more to do because my PCP is not coordinating my care and when my physical therapist pushes the issues it seems like there is a lot of though before anything is talked to me directly about anything.

My goal is to get to see my GI, PCP and other doctors ASAP and hope that they have some answers to help the pain as well as dealing with other issues.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Life update.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:54 am 

Clearly you have been through the war. Getting all your physicians on the same page ought to be a priority for you. Good luck, and thanks for keeping us informed.