www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:51 am 

Anyone one experience that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:28 am 

I don't have this issue but this made me think of a funny quip about my situation:

My kids (3) are all 5 years apart. By about, each time one of them was done with diapers, we had one starting. By the time my youngest was fully potty trained, I started wearing diapers. LOL. "The Circle of Diapers". No breaks from in this house.

Maybe that's not funny if you are struggling, I try to find humor in things to cope. I do feel for your situation. It's exhausting, expensive, for even one person.

If there's a possible positive note. It's probably made you more attentive, and empathetic to their needs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:10 am 

I have to take care of my sister's daughters who now start massive bedwetting and the younger sometimes day wetting. I all day and night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:59 am 

JDavis wrote:
I have to take care of my sister's daughters who now start massive bedwetting and the younger sometimes day wetting. I all day and night.

How old are they? Is this something that runs in your family? Do they know you are incontinent?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 am 

HumanFly wrote:
JDavis wrote:

How old are they? Is this something that runs in your family? Do they know you are incontinent?

Very young 7 and 5. I don't know they may have seen my bulge.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:58 am 

Manufacturers and retailers have made incontinence supplies for older children and adolescents readily available in the USA and elsewhere. If this will be temporary, disposables should work well for you. If this promises to be long-term, you might try washables. Either way, they need to be taught to keep themselves clean and to use the toilet often enough to prevent soiling while at play. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:24 pm 

Hmmm... 7 and 5 is still maybe considered "normal" for bedwetting. The daytime wetting, if it persists, may be something you'd want to consult a pediatrician on.

Sounds like a lot of laundry, and a lot of work. You'll get through it. Make sure you schedule some time for yourself to relax.

Other advice: be kind to them. Reassure them often that they are normal. Don't make them feel like it stresses you out (even if it does).

Hang in there! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 pm 

JDavis wrote:

As they are your sister's children, I'm guessing you're not looking after them all the time, just every so often? Does she have a way of dealing with the incontinence? Does your sister approach you to look after them because of your condition, or just because you're her sister and you're there?

I would use nappies for night time as they are wetting regularly (and it seems have just started rather than always having done it); as for daytime, if it's sometimes, maybe use pull-ups or just pack a change of clothes unless it's happening all the time, or at regular times. And yes, see a doctor about the daytime wetting as it's not normal at five years old.

If your sister is OK with them knowing, you might like to tell them that their auntie has to wear nappies at night as well and it's nothing to worry or be ashamed about. If the problem runs in the family, they will have to deal with it sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:11 pm 

HumanFly wrote:
JDavis wrote:

As they are your sister's children, I'm guessing you're not looking after them all the time, just every so often? Does she have a way of dealing with the incontinence? Does your sister approach you to look after them because of your condition, or just because you're her sister and you're there?

I would use nappies for night time as they are wetting regularly (and it seems have just started rather than always having done it); as for daytime, if it's sometimes, maybe use pull-ups or just pack a change of clothes unless it's happening all the time, or at regular times. And yes, see a doctor about the daytime wetting as it's not normal at five years old.

If your sister is OK with them knowing, you might like to tell them that their auntie has to wear nappies at night as well and it's nothing to worry or be ashamed about. If the problem runs in the family, they will have to deal with it sooner or later.

No they just started. Due to life, I have to take care of them. The younger one has to wear pull ups to school much to her annoyance.

I just don't want to tell them yet.

It may not run in the family - my eldest sister doesnt have problems. Only me and one other sis.