www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not feeling well
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:34 pm 

Staying home today, mostly in bed. Simply not feeling well.
My family spent a week at our ranch in East Texas, clearing out an area near a small pond and I obviously got into something that made me break out EVERYWHERE! We came home yesterday, me in misery, and I’ve been feeling worse, not better. I had my doctor prescribe steroids for what we’re calling poison ivy later last week. This on top of antibiotics I’m taking for a stubborn bladder infection that won’t go away. This time a 14 day regiment of a strong prescription. Obviously there’s something going on again down there. Zero control. This morning, after eating breakfast, I got quite ill and have been in bed ever since. I’m likely going to the doctor or the ER tomorrow if I don’t start feeling better though I’m getting SO SICK of going to doctors. Seems like I’m sick more than I’m not anymore, at the worst possible time for our business!!

Last edited by Ellyn on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Not feeling well
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 pm 

In childhood I contracted a body-wide case of poison ivy following a skinny-dipping adventure with buddies in a secluded mountain creek. A memory I'll carry to my grave. But add to that a UTI and you must be miserable. Please, take care of yourself, and report back when you can, hopefully when you are feeling better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:17 pm 

I’m up for awhile to start supper for the boys. I went outside for a few moments and simply couldn’t stand the heat and humidity. Part of my job is to meet with customers out on operations sites…. The thought of being outside tomorrow in 95 degree heat and sweltering humidity is more than I can tolerate! But, as business owners and three scheduled appointments, we all need to suck it up sometimes I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am 

We all hope you feel better. Let us know how you are doing.
We are here for you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:35 pm 

Five nights without much sleep is wearing on me. I just finished steroids but the infection (poison ivy) remains. I have five days remaining on antibiotics for my bladder infection. It doesn’t seem to be much better either.
I continue to exchange texts with my doctor who questions poison ivy but doesn’t seem to want to see me! In the meanwhile, I’m not sleeping, itching, complete loss of urinary control, and generally miserable. I’m about to see someone else - go a 24 hr clinic or to the ER!
Two scheduled appointments with customers at their work sites tomorrow. Another very hot and humid day to be outside. This is all SO CRAZY!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 pm 

You must feel miserable. I hope your family are skilled and capable of doing your chores while you're under the weather. As for the bladder leakage, use heavy protection and put lots of soap and water to good use.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 pm 

Please look after yourself Ellyn , I know about business commitment too I ran my company for 40 years. Sounds like You must put yourself first in this case, do what you need to do and let others step in where necessary, you and your health FIRST this time. It will be alright , look after yourself, you are too important an asset.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:58 am 

Thank you
My doctor called in more steroids. After last night, I’m sure that the rash remains actively spreading.
My husband is taking care of the site meetings today and I will go into the office.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm 

I hope the steroids work and you start feeling better very soon. It sounds absolutely miserable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:50 am 

I started another 5 day round of steroids last night. The doctor called this morning to check on me and wants me to come in this morning for a shot to kick this stuff out of me.
I think he was hesitant at first to do more because of my underlying health issues but after having this for an entire week, and not sleeping (a few hours only per night) for about the same period, he knows I’m about at my wits end!