Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Buying Diapers Overseas

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:59 pm

:? I will be traveling to China in a few months, spending most of the two weeks in and around Beijing and Shanghai. There is a one suitcase and one carryon limit, which after packing my diapers will leave me very little room for everything else. I wonder if anyone knows if and where disposable diapers can be purched in the two cities I mentioned.
Thanks
essgee
PS this is my first post, please excuse any errors.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:19 am

If you know the address of a hotel where you will be staying, you might order a supply of diapers in advance and have them shipped there. They should then be there when you arrive and you won't have to carry a two week supply in your luggage.

Diapers in China?

Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:03 am

Hi, Essgee,
Welcome to the ISC and thank you for posting to our forum; I hope others can join my weak effort here to help you!

Try this Japanese company:
http://www.ehime-iinet.or.jp/ehime_e/co ... health.htm
They make a diaper that has gotten great reviews, tho we can't get them here in the USA, the diaper is the Super Refre made by Toyo Eizai Co Ltd

Perhaps they have outlets / dealers in China. Those are major cities you mentioned, so possibly Toyo Eizai is doing business in those cities.

Do your search work on line, you may find Chinese diapers and can line up a source, be it a retail store you can visit or a delivery service that will deliver your package of diapers to your hotel. I've done that each time I've gone to Europe; order diapers (such as Tenna) for delivery to my hotel. It's been easy and reliable.

Perhaps some can comment on Chinese diapers if you find some, otherwise we can only recommend the European diapers such as Tenna, Abena, Molicare from personal experience. If those ranges are available in China, you will have dependable diapers. The Super Refre from Japan is said to be an excellent diaper-we have no personal experience with it.

Good luck with your search and let us know, please, how you make out and how your trip experience was...hopefully great! Enjoy your trip!

Joe K

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:31 pm

I've never been to either places, but it shouldn't be hard to find a pharmacy that sells diapers over there (or so one would think). If I was ordering anything like that in advance, I'd make sure it's unmarked boxes. I wouldn't want the hotel perssonnel to know about it...
Post a reply