www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:17 pm 

The experienced at this forum will already know this, but I have to share my own process of discovery..

I received my shipment of Tranquility SlimLine briefs yesterday, which are plastic backed. I was looking forward to their refasten-ability among other plastic virtues. Testing a couple out today I later needed to use the toilet for a BM at one point, according to Murphey's Law. But at first I couldn't take the tape off, without ripping the backing. So I spent the next few hours back at work muttering about this deficiency as I held the BM in..

Later I could wait no longer. Quite by accident I discovered that the white tape lifts off of the stubborn blue tape. Doh! I wonder how many other briefs supported this feature that I was unaware of? Particularly the cloth backed types. I'll have to review my notes.

It looks like the Tranquility SlimLine is going to work well as my shopping / weekend / yardwork diaper. It's not as absorbent as the ATN, but I didn't want the extra bulk or added cost. On the weekend I often only need 4 hour support (and my stream is slow). In wet use it seems more comfortable than the GoSupreme that has been my standby. I do wear plastic pants over the SlimLines to reduce the crinkle. That helps to control the oder anyway. For outdoor events, even that can be omitted (it is not that loud a crinkle).

That "captain obvious" white tape discovery today made my day. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:39 am 

wayne wrote:
The experienced

That "captain obvious" white tape discovery today made my day. :lol:

discovery is always a good moment the dual-use tapes are often called "second chance tapes" as well!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:46 pm 

wayne wrote:
Quite by accident I discovered that the white tape lifts off of the stubborn blue tape. Doh! I wonder how many other briefs supported this feature that I was unaware of? Particularly the cloth backed types. I'll have to review my notes. That "captain obvious" white tape discovery today made my day. :lol:

The second chance tapes do work pretty well with plastic backed diapers but I haven't seen them on a cloth backed one. The reason is that the cloth backed ones are usually fastened with a velcro type system and since it's velcro it should be able to be removed and refastened many times. However, in my experience I can only refasten the velcro type tapes one additional time, and even then the hold isn't nearly as good as it was initially. One of the problems is that the tab usually removes some of the surface "cloth" where it was initially fastened and it won't stick in that same area nearly as well. And the velcro tab itself tends to get clogged with the residue from the first fastening and that alone reduces the grip, even if you place it on a new area on the diaper. Just my experience, as always your mileage may vary. BTW... I really liked the Captain Obvious reference, unfortunately I use that one all too often!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:20 pm 

Quote:
However, in my experience I can only refasten the velcro type tapes one additional time, and even then the hold isn't nearly as good as it was initially.

That's what I've seen in testing some samples.
Quote:
the tab usually removes some of the surface "cloth" where it was initially fastened and it won't stick in that same area nearly as well. ... velcro tab itself tends to get clogged with the residue from the first fastening and that alone reduces the grip

Indeed! This is my biggest issue with cloth backed because I will always make the trip to the toilet for bowel movements! It is very annoying to have to resort to gorilla/other tape.
Quote:
I really liked the Captain Obvious reference, unfortunately I use that one all too often!

As you well know, I can't take credit for that! :lol: