www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:32 pm 

So last night at 11:13 pm I was given INAPSINE
(droperidol)for pain and then at 12:45 am was told I could go home. I was asked if I was okay to drive but here is the thing... This is right from RXList.com

WARNING

Cases of QT prolongation and/or torsade de pointes have been reported in patients receiving Inapsine (droperidol) at doses at or below recommended doses. Some cases have occurred in patients with no known risk factors for QT prolongation and some cases have been fatal.

Due to its potential for serious proarrhythmic effects and death, INAPSINE (droperidol) should be reserved for use in the treatment of patients who fail to show an acceptable response to other adequate treatments, either because of insufficient effectiveness or the inability to achieve an effective dose due to intolerable adverse effects from those drugs (see WARNINGS, ADVERSE REACTIONS, CONTRAINDICATIONS, and PRECAUTIONS).

***DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION***
Dosage should be individualized. Some of the factors to be considered in determining the dose are age, body weight, physical status, underlying pathological condition, use of other drugs, type of anesthesia to be used, and the surgical procedure involved.***

None of this was said to me. I was never told what I was given. I called and talked to the on-call PA-C at the main hospital and was told that someone is in a lot of trouble and that an administrator would be reaching out to me tomorrow.

My mom is going to reach out as well and my dad even suggested that I talk to our family lawyer tomorrow over this.

I never felt as bad as I did. I felt like stone. I had to tell myself to breathe and I was left to believe I was okay to drive home. Needless to say there is going to be something done about this.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!