www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two failed Dry24/7's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:06 am 

One had a box cutter slash to it.. (Might have been my fault)

Second, was like the leak guards were not holding anything and I leaked out the legs. Mind that the diaper was mostly dry in the center.

Cannot wait to order some more betterdry's

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

Post subject: Re: Two failed Dry24/7's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:09 am 

I have used numerous cases of Dry24/7s. They are a good diaper, but BetterDry is a better choice. The internal standing leak guards definitely are higher and more effective. I particularly notice the difference when I have a messy diaper.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:01 am 

better dry stand up guards seem to be allergic to the calmoseptine I use for IAD and thus usually completely fail
shortly after the brief is on. that is the brief I wish did not have that issue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
better dry stand up guards seem to be allergic to the calmoseptine I use for IAD and thus usually completely fail
shortly after the brief is on. that is the brief I wish did not have that issue.

Yes, According to engineers with Thrust Vector the glue that they use to be California Compliant from some regulation has severe issues with many types of creams that use petrolatum and products with Higher levels of zinc Oxide also will make them fail... Avoid the 40% zinc oxide cream and A+D Original ointment Petrolatum 53.4% / Lanolin15.5%! for BetterDry I suggest Boudreaux's Buttpaste Zinc Oxide 16% or Baby Anti Monkey Butt Zinc Oxide 12% Calimine 2%

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:19 pm 

realworldic wrote:
Yes, According to engineers with Thrust Vector the glue that they use to be California Compliant from some regulation has severe issues with many types of creams that use petrolatum and products with Higher levels of zinc Oxide also will make them fail... Avoid the 40% zinc oxide cream and A+D Original ointment Petrolatum 53.4% / Lanolin15.5%! for BetterDry I suggest Boudreaux's Buttpaste Zinc Oxide 16% or Baby Anti Monkey Butt Zinc Oxide 12% Calimine 2%

This is extremely useful info!!! Are there other brands that may have this same issue with zinc oxide?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:13 am 

realworldic wrote:
fanoftherichISC wrote:

interesting as I have had no other brief except the better dry do this. I dont give a flying F what california thinks about anything so there is that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:16 am 

CityGardener wrote:
realworldic wrote:

This is extremely useful info!!! Are there other brands that may have this same issue with zinc oxide?

The simple answer is yes all brands will Have Some affinity to petrolatum and Creams with Higher concentrations with Zinc Oxide (even small amounts over time will degrade almost all products to some degree).

I did a Myth video on this topic discussing and did intensive testing on this subject with many brands this part starting at 5.43 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB36OUsiE9k

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:25 am 

realworldic wrote:
fanoftherichISC wrote:

Okay that makes since...

The second one that leaked I was using rash cream because of a rash from a bowel accident and it leaked right at the leg gatherers were I put the cream the heaviest because of the rash.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!