www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 pm 

One more:
I can ski over 50,000 vertical feet a day because I don't need to worry about using the bathroom after each run.
That has been life-changing. I keep my hydration up and enjoy the mountains.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 am 

When I lived in Germany in the early 80's to mid 90's my Wife and I did a lot of cross country and downhill skiing. One of the biggest "hassles" when skiing was always having to nearly totally disrobe to use the bathroom, often at very inappropriate times. I wasn't even close to incontinent back then but I wish I'd have known then what I know now about diapers. I would have used the biggest thirstiest diaper made every time I went skiing. That's just another case of there being a few true advantages to having to wear diapers and likewise there are still a few today!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 am 

Been thinking about this and for the longest time I was trying to really think What do I like... and honestly, for the longest time I would have said I like nothing but the other day I brought out my music keyboard that has been sitting for at least a year untouched and opened up Logic (software) and 8 hours later I looked at the clock... I do tend to get deeply involved with a project and just dig in and not needing to get up every two hours or so does tend to be a benefit.. not perfect but yeah if I am editing a video or other project I tend to just deep dive until its done.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:35 am 

I was reading the latest post in this thread and happened to glance back up at the title. All of a sudden I realized what the post (#3) by fanoftherichISC meant when he said he couldn't understand what anyone would like about being "incontinent". I really doubt that any of us here actually like being incontinent. In fact the "likes" that we were posting had to do with the benefits of wearing diapers, not being incontinent.
It's interesting to note that anyone could wear diapers whenever they want and could realize the benefits that we have posted about on an as-needed basis. However with the prevailing stigma surrounding the use of diapers the number of people willing to do that would probably be close to zero.
A case in point was when one of my best friends had radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Although not leaving him really incontinent he was constantly running to the bathroom once or twice an hour. When I suggested that he could wear some "protective briefs" like I do (he already knew that I wear protection) he gave me the most horrified look you can imagine as he yet again got up and ran to the bathroom.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:39 pm 

Well said padded53 and realworldic.
Diapers aid us in having a full and active life.
I probably should have titled this post as "How have diapers allowed us to have a full and active life"?
It doesn't have the same ring as the title that I used.
I was at my favorite coffeeshop this weekend and was able to sit by myself and work on my laptop for hours. The coffee kept coming. I didn't have to worry about getting up every 30min to use the bathroom or worry about leaving my laptop. All did the best I could with keeping myself safe and those around me safe. I could never have done that without diapers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:04 am 

The only really positive thing I can Ind about incontinence is that at least the pee comes out. It is a totally different thing when the system is blocked and nothing comes out. That can really damage the kidneys.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:49 am 

"How have diapers allowed us to have a full and active life"

The statement above says it all for me. A normally functioning bladder would be better than what I have. However, diapers allow me to function as close to normal as possible. I have to make a few adjustments and accommodations but these are minor in most cases. The biggest issue is cost, diapers are not cheap and this issue impacts many people who incontinent. Travel, sports, social occasions and outings are all possible and with the aid of diapers to compensate for my bladder problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am 

Although incontinence and my diapers are a daily pain in the ass there are some advantages...

- I don't have to worry when my commute is unexpectedly longer than usual
- Long lines when holiday shopping aren't a problem
- The variety of diapers is better than it use to be
- Friends ask me to hold a table or our place in line so they can run to the restroom
- Less chance of needing to use a nasty public restroom
- I always have a padded seat no matter how hard the chair or bench I am sitting on

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:47 pm 

Jenn wrote:
Although incontinence and my diapers are a daily pain in the ass there are some advantages...

- I don't have to worry when my commute is unexpectedly longer than usual
- Long lines when holiday shopping aren't a problem
- The variety of diapers is better than it use to be
- Friends ask me to hold a table or our place in line so they can run to the restroom
- Less chance of needing to use a nasty public restroom
- I always have a padded seat no matter how hard the chair or bench I am sitting on

Well Said!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:48 am 

None of us want to be in diapers but I do have to admit I have come to appreciate being diapered over the years since I have no choice but to wear I might as well enjoy the benefits of being in a premium diaper.

No more stressing if I am stuck in traffic and need to pee
can avoid public bathrooms (Especially now a days)
can sit through an entire movie
when Im at work on a scissor lift and need to pee its a non issue :)

I would never choose to be Incontinent and need diapers but its now a part of my life and I have come to terms with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next