www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:27 am 

JDavis wrote:
JDinVirginia wrote:
As I have said before, "Be thankful for your diapers." Think how much worse it wold be without them. :(

I'm not thankful when I get teased about them.

Think how much worse the teasing would be if you wet your pants, shoes, and left a puddle on the floor. :( I'm with JD on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:52 am 

Padded53 wrote:
JDavis wrote:
JDinVirginia wrote:
As I have said before, "Be thankful for your diapers." Think how much worse it wold be without them. :(

I'm not thankful when I get teased about them.

Think how much worse the teasing would be if you wet your pants, shoes, and left a puddle on the floor. :( I'm with JD on this one.

I do and it is the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:10 am 

docjohn wrote:
I've often thought on this very question. In the 26 years of having incontinence, and wearing diapers, I have become quite cavalier about it. It is just a non issue anymore. With the improvement in quality, and absorbency of adult diapers, I just don't have much negative to say about wearing a diaper. Save for one thing, the expense. ... and I always tell them....'It's always people with bladder control that holds up the show'. ... After too many years of incontinence, I have realized that I have come to the point that I neither like, nor dislike incontinence/diapers. It is just a fact of my life, and I just make the best of it.

I too would echo the above. It's a non-issue. And making light of it helped to "normalize it". Now, all in my immediate family can quip about it.

JDinVirginia wrote:
I have reached the point where my diapers are just my underwear. I am very glad I have them.

Moreover, incontinence has not slowed me or my family down one iota. And while I don't broadcast what type of "underwear" I use, if it comes up or out, then so be it.

At the end of the day, I don't like being "broken"; but if I am, I'm thankful for the aids to overcome my defects!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:41 pm 

I have found only one true honest to god positive about it. That is horseback riding. I had botox recently, which has resolved my need for a daytime diaper. I went horseback riding prior and the diaper really cushioned the ride, not sore at all. I went after, and man did my backside hurt. In the future diapers on horseback whether i need them or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:59 pm 

They also keep your bottom warm in the winter weather. But I would still gladly go back to a cold bottom in normal underwear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:12 pm 

Another plus occurred to me the other day: I've traditionally had "T.B." (tiny bladder) requiring frequent trips to the washroom.

But now I can outlast all the continents. As far as they know, I don't have T.B. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:59 am 

I now get a much better night’s sleep.

I’m older and need to pee multiple times a night. I have found it very difficult to fall back asleep after getting up in the middle of the night. :(

Once my medical situation (double incontinent and an occasional bedwetter) mandated wearing diapers 24/7, I finally made the decision not to fight it and just use them at night. It was rather impractical to try to get up, pull off a onsie, plastic pants and a diaper, pee, and then re-diaper, etc., and try to go back to sleep.

Now, most nights I am barely aware that I have peed or am in the process of doing so. Even my urologist (reluctantly) agreed that my priority had to be getting an adequate amount of sleep.

Sleep well, guys and gals!

—John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:41 am 

I’ve been incontinent for nearly all my life to some degree. Most of the time I don’t feel the need to urinate so when I do, I’m quick to run for the bathroom, regardless of the hour.
I wear a diaper 24/7 and I hate being wet so when I can use the bathroom, it’s a “treat” for me as it’s that much longer that I can go before I need to change. I have never wet my diaper intentionally other than while being out of reach of a bathroom as I’m unable to hold off for very long at all. In the morning and prior to going to bed, as well as during almost every change, I use the bathroom and try to urinate. Half of the time I’m able to squeeze out enough to make it worthwhile, which might save a change during the day, but more importantly, gives me a sense of trying to NOT be completely urinary incontinent. For me, that’s very important.
Lately, over the past several months, I’ve lost most control so it’s more of a “free flow”, but I still take the time necessary to try to use the bathroom whenever I can. This constant leakage comes and goes but this has been the longest period of near complete loss of control. I fear this may be the new normal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am 

Because of a brain injury, a brain tumor, and a bi-lateral inner ear disease, I walk like a drunk. Occasionally my bladder will spasm during my sleep, causing enough pain to waken me. If I got up every time this happened, I would soon become a sleep-deprived zombie. My doctors have warned me that if I should fall and break a major bone or joint, I could face sudden death. This makes diapers life savers for me. Diapers give me a good night's sleep, which convinces me of their necessity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:17 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
I now get a much better night’s sleep.
I’m older and need to pee multiple times a night. I have found it very difficult to fall back asleep after getting up in the middle of the night. :(
Once my medical situation (double incontinent and an occasional bedwetter) mandated wearing diapers 24/7, I finally made the decision not to fight it and just use them at night. It was rather impractical to try to get up, pull off a onsie, plastic pants and a diaper, pee, and then re-diaper, etc., and try to go back to sleep.
Now, most nights I am barely aware that I have peed or am in the process of doing so. Even my urologist (reluctantly) agreed that my priority had to be getting an adequate amount of sleep.
Sleep well, guys and gals!
—John
(double incontinent)

Before my recent Prostatectomy I was in the exact same situation (less the bowel incon) as JD. When (and if) I would wake up having to pee I would just roll onto my back and let my diaper do it's job, I could then very easily fall back to sleep. If I did the whole getting up to go routine I could never get back to sleep so just as JD (and his doctor) said it made good sense.

But now with my prostate removed everything is about to change. I have a Cystogram test coming up next week and hopefully they will finally be able to remove the Foley which has been in for the last six weeks! Once removed I will have to find my "new normal" which as many here have indicated could take up to a year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next