www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:11 am 

I recently decided to go back to cloth diapers, at least at night. I purchased a dozen flat diapers from ACD in the 36x36 size. I found out after washing them in cold water and drying them in the dryer they fit a bit too snug. so I bought two flat diapers in the next larger size. I received them two days ago and these are way too big. I placed one more order with them a week ago for a prefold diaper. Maybe third time is the charm.

I used to buy cloth contour diapers from V I Products in Michigan. The fit was perfect for me. I was sad to find out that they have not been in business for two years now. I did however find a similar diaper on the llmedico website that looks just like the VIP style. The only drawback is the big price tag!

I was hoping to cut the cost of disposable diapers wearing cloth at least at home, but so far it doesn't look like that is going to be the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:34 am 

Have you tried EBay I've got most of my Cloth diapers on there. You have to watch for them but if your patient you can find some screaming deals :shock: I've found deals where I bought three or more for less then one at full retail.............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 am 

Personally I don't use cloth much... I find disposables much more convienient and easy to live with.

However, I do have a few cloth ones that I will wear every now and again. The ones I use are fitted and have velcro closures... no bothering with folding or dealing with pins... you put it on pretty much like a disposable.

I got them from e-bay as well... there are a lot of good deals available if you look.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:25 pm 

I arrived home from work to find a package at my front door. It was a prefold diaper from ACD. Much to my surprise and relieve it was a perfect fit. Finally through trial and error I now can order all that I need!

In addition to ordering more prefold diapers from ACD, I also ordered two sample packs of disposable diapers from XPMedical. Two different Abri-form diapers and two different Attends. I prefer the abri-form x-tra plus diapers. However I am experimenting with other less expensive disposables.

If anyone has experience with any of these I will appreciate your input. I plan to continue to wear disposable diapers during the day most of the time and cloth exclusively at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:58 am 

I am a big fan of the Abri-form diapers. The X-plus are wonderful, and though they are a bit pricey I haven't found any diaper that can beat them when it comes to combining comfort, durability, and capacity. I also use the Abri-form Supers... they are quite thin and comfortable yet suprisingly absorbant.

I'm not a huge fan of the Attends. They don't hold as much as the Abris and the padding does tend to clump when wet... which isn't very comfortable. They're not the worst on the market by any means... and if you can find them for the right price it certainly helps... I'd just rather wear the Abris.

When it comes to a disposable... don't skimp on quality, even if it means paying more per diaper. I have found that diapers costing $1-$1.30 each perform twice as good as those costing less than $1. So you will end up saving in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32 pm 

I'd agree Abri Forms are about the best there is I'd say Molicares are the next runner up. I always have both on hand. Attends by themselves are rather worthless to be honest. But by adding a full length booster they seem to work ok. And also wearing something over them like mesh pants or a fairly snug brief style underwear will also help with keeping them from breaking down and clumping...................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:11 pm 

Have any of you tried the Secure X-plus?

They're a tad on the pricey side... but they are quite comfortable and work quite well for me.