www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shaving down under
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:51 am 

I've read posts on other incontinent, well as ab/dl sites regarding shaving pubic hair. Has anyone here heard of this? I am curious as to the advantages of doing such a thing. I can only imagine it would help with bowel incontinence as far as making it easier to clean up. Inasmuch as that would be a plus, I would think it would start itching and then break out in a rash. So if anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:50 pm 

Hey JRB

I do shave my pubic area. I actually did this before i started developing moderate incon problems. I started doing this because my pubic hair got itchy, and my hairs got trapped in my underwear. Ive gotten so used to being hairless down there that it really itches when it grows back. I think it does help making cleaning easier. My advice though, is dont use an electric razor if ur going to do it. Use a manual one, and plenty of shaving cream. I still sometimes end up with cuts or nicks. Best way to avoid itching is to shave enough times that you get used to it, and avoid using electric razors.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:04 pm 

I've been there done that. The reason I did it was years ago when I use to get rashes I found it much easier to treat the rash and it was also much easier to stay clean.

But it gets to be a pain because you have to keep up on it. But then for me I guess over you guys I have it easy not alot of hardware to work around :lol:

Another thing you can try is Neet hair remover. I know I've read on another board about guys using that. As I remember it's a little touchy for women to use that because it can be harmful to the vaginal area :?

The one motivator you will have to shave is when the itching starts :shock: .................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:13 pm 

I shave regularly... it helps prevent rash and just makes it easier to keep clean generally... plus my GF likes it. :D

Post subject: Shaving
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:56 am 

I have tried shaving and it does help on being easier to clean up during your diaper change. I have lately, though, just started keeping my hair short. Not too short to cause an itching problem, but just enough to help in clean up.
I like this route better. ..............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm 

I am like the others, I keep shaved to help on clean up and smell. Yes it does take some time in the mornings while in the shower but that little bit of time is nothing when it comes to clean up and not having urine smell stick to the hair. I have tried the Neet thing once and if not careful it will burn and hurt. I have found that a good rasor, four or five blades does the best job for me. Everyone's skin is different. I have been blessed that when it does start to grow out, it doesn't itch anymore. I try my best though not to let it get that far. Keeping it clean and shaved also helps on using rash creams or other skin protection down there. Makes it nice that it doesn't get matted in the hair.