www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:19 pm 
Rember the "back chairs" popular several years ago where the user sort of half kneels and half sits and has no backrest. Sitting on these the section from ones knees to buttocks are at about a 45 degree angle. I have used them for a number of years for my back and they are surprisingly comfortable even though they have no backrest.

The chair offers more advantages when wearing diapers--especially when I am at home working at the computer and wearing heavier cloth diapers. It is more comfortable. I am bent only 45 degrees torso to legs instead of 90 degrees and there does not seem to be the tightness and pulling that both disposables and cloth can have when sitting for a long time. I especiallly notice a difference if wearing an ovennight prefold cloth diaper. It is fine for lying or standing but soon feels lumpy at the lower buttocks when sitting. The back chair has both less pressure and less area pressing because part of your weight is on the knees, so it feels a LOT better.

I find much less leaking using the chair also. The position leaves my crotch area free of pressure so that the diaper can work more like it does when I am standing. Without the direct pressure, it has time to absorb and spread instead of immediately leaking. I use one of these chairs at work too. It has basically eliminated those surprise leaks that can happen even though the diaper is barely wet. People are a bit curious about the chair at first and a few have asked to try it, and I explain the back comfort. (another advantage is that vinyl upolstry is fairly common, and cloth can be changed to vinyl with just a staple gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:20 am 
I always wanted to try those, but I have yet to come across one in real life (vs hearing about them every now and then). I'm not sure how comfortable they are, depending on your weight, height and such.