www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:08 pm 

I have tried to find out online and was not very successful. I decided to ask people that use diapers. The rest of the world has Tena Slip and the USA does not. What is the difference?

The next question of course is why are Tena Slip not sold in the USA?

ScottK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:28 pm 

I think in some parts of the world slip is another word for brief. Tena, just as most other manufacturers, would never want to put the dreaded word diaper (or nappy) on their package so they choose a less stigmatized word. I've only used a few Tena briefs and while many from other nations rave about the quality and capacity I found them to be average at best. I'm pretty sure the Tena "briefs" we get over here are manufactured differently than what is available in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:34 am 

Another difference is that we can get plastic backed Tena diapers in Europe, but the USA only has the cloth-like backing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:12 am 

main issue I saw between them was LeakGuards on the non USA briefs
t only he US Sold Tena briefs to my knowledge that has them are the ProSkin Flex
and never seen those in stores just online . the us ultra super etc do not have leakguards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:31 am 

I can't say I am really satisfied with those answers, but I will take what I can get. Thank you all for your help!

Scott K

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 am 

So of course I don't have an "official" explanation either - but maybe a look at the production locations will help to get a little closer to the explanation:

https://reports.essity.com/2017/annual- ... ities.html

As you can see, different markets are served with different production sites. I would assume that one reason for the differences in the product portfolio, in addition to the country-specific marketing, is probably a lack of production capacity in North America. The North American market for the Tena brand is significantly smaller than in other parts of the world such as Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:05 pm 

Thank you michael that was a very interesting link, it actually explains a lot , even though I do not use disposables as much anymore , still very interesting, again thanks

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:46 pm 

I was finally able to try the Tena Slips out. I was impressed. Good fit on me, very good absorbance and despite being plastic backed this diaper made no noise under my clothes.
I would try again if I could find them again. Lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:37 am 

That's why I rought my own Tena Slips when I was in the US. You can't find them easily online there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:50 pm 

I’m looking into the tena diaper to get under my insurance. I’ll have to ask my supply guy about getting the pro skin cause I’ll definitely need leak guards. They do seem to be a bit pricier than other tena diapers though