www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10 things about me.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm 

1. Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?
Urinary, OAB

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
disposable 95%, cloth, 5%

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Possibly side effects of anti-depressants, not a firm diagnosis

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Many tests. Many drugs. Stopped all drugs. Side effects. One painful surgery that did nothing.

5. Does your incontinence (only) limit you from living a full and happy life?
Not at all

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Married, 2 children, 3 dogs, a cat, lots of fish

7. Do your immediate family members and close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Wife knows/understands (she wears pads herself). She may have shared this with some of her girlfriends, but they have never said anything. As far as I know, nobody else knows except my doctor.

8. What part of the world do you reside?
USA- Left Coast

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with or manage your incontinence?
Very much

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add?
In my profession, I travel a lot. For years it was 75%, WFH the rest. Now, like everyone else I'm stuck at home and our dogs love it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:53 pm 

Urinary Only, Daytime significant "leaking" and some urge IC, Nighttime 10-50% bedwetting (without waking).

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab), cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
70% Cloth-backed disposable diapers, 20% Plastic-backed disposable diapers, 10% Pull-Ups w/Guard Pad
Note: Will add a Guard Pad or booster pad for certain occasions with disposable diapers but at night always with a folded cotton pad.
I wear PUL diaper covers 50+% during the day and 100% at night.

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Tests:Exam and CT Scan; Drugs:None; Status:Benign with some continuing enlargement.

No, but it does take some additional effort, money, and planning, still not a problem.

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Married 44 years to a super supportive wife, we have a 32 year old daughter.

7. Do your immediate family members and close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Family/Friends Aware: Yes, and all know why (BPH) but not exactly what I wear. I've probably mentioned "pads" or "Depends" here or there but it's just not a topic I've felt needed to be discussed in detail. All very accepting.

USA - Central Florida

Yes, great source of information/help, also great for "moral support", and a place to rant.

For the most part diapers are just "underwear with extra logistics". In some circumstances (big sporting events, long drives) having to wear diapers has actually been a benefit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:28 pm 

Really interesting. Thank you Ellyn.

Urinary (very rarely bowel).

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?

Disposables 75% (plastic-backed 50%, cloth-backed 25%) ; Pull-ups + pad 25%

Illness (OAB, urgency incontinence, and weak pelvic floor muscles). Long-term obstructive sleep apnea could explain nighttime issues. Apnea is now treated (CPAP) but I still wet... Long-term obesity has worsened my issues. Some drugs I need also have an impact.

They said "loose weight to improve your continence". Easier said than done.

Both incontinence and obesity limit me from living a full and happy life. I hate my body.

Desperately single.

Only my immediate family members and one close friend. Mom and my best friend are accepting, the other are not.

Western Europe.

This forum is a real blessing. Thank you all. I have been reading you for a while before daring to join you as I'm not an American (I hope you can understand my poor English).

Looks like I hit the jackpot. I was infected by the coronavirus. Symptoms are moderate, I was not admitted to hospital. I have to monitor my symptoms as I'm in the at risk group due to my obesity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:06 am 

Urinary

Disposable 100%. I have tried every diaper from Northshore to the point where I can probably write a guide for them. I am a huge fan of their boosters. Current system is northshore supreme + booster for daytime and megamax at night

Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis causing prostate inflammation which leads to pain and urgency

Many tests. Acupuncture, Advil, OAB meds

No because I wear diapers

Married with children

Just family.

California

Definitely.

Nope

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm 

1.Urinary due to neurogenic bladder. Some bowel accident but quite rare. maybe a couple of them each year. I also was bedwetter till 15., I´m 39 now

2. Disposables, tabbed ones. Usually Tena slip.

3. Spinal injury in L4, motobike accident 15 years ago. Recovered mobility just I´m just a bit lame, but not sensitivity nor continence.

4. No. Take other meds but never to treat incontinence.

5. No, I think doesn´t limit me at all to live a full life. I do exactly the same I would if I hadn´t the IC issues.

6. Now single. But had a few long relationships.

7. Yes, anyone who knows me a little bit already knows. Very unusual problems cause of it.

8. Valencia city in Spain, Europe.

9. Yes, absolutely.

10. I think not, :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:50 pm 

Urinary

Only disposable

Weakened bladder muscles and quite likely hereditary--one sister is urinary incontinent since birth.

Usually tests and drugs until the urologist, not much positive news.

Yes, often.

Single. Heterosexual

Family knows, brother used to teased. Girl friends laiugh. Male friends generally accept.

UK.

Not yet.

PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:28 pm 

I've resisted answering this question because I thought my incontinence would resolve but I have come to terms with my condition.

Urinary

I have a system of pullups and boosters for home and work. I use the northshore supreme lite on the weekends if I am doing errands.

Multiple child births

Yes but the side effects are intolerable. I also don't want surgery

Not anymore because of my pullups

Married with wonderful children and loving husband

My husband and kids. My kids are old enough to know and accept that mom wears "diapers" sometimes because of problems from the delivery.

US

Definitely.

Life is a process and my acceptance of my incontinence is a part of that process. When I see diapers and pullups in my drawer, its ok on some days, mildly embarassing on some days, and absolutely devastating on other days. But when I think about what I can do because of them, its well worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:46 pm 

Urinary

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab), cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Combo: Cloth 80%; disposable 20%

Surgical anomaly (so accident?). Went in for orthopedic surgery fully continent; came out with awful stricture, UTi, and other "damage"; but the main reason for the surgery came out perfect! I was thankful!

Tests (lots, but conservative due to a good Uro MD). Drugs (hated them). Continence physical therapy (not lasting results; and didn't like the embarrassing methodology; it was professional, but just didn't like it). Passed on surgery option (not good odds). Tried acupuncture which really helped for a while but then plateaued and started backsliding.

Nope. Not in the least! Do have to "think" a bit more than before my mishaps, but otherwise I live!

Married with children

Yes, fam and a couple of friends that we travel with know. All but one was accepting; that "one" is not really part of my life any longer (their choice not mine). The rest don't even give a second thought other than to lightly joke about it if the situation can call for it!

USA - Arizona (formerly California).

YES!

Just a general Thank You to Schoppy and the forum keepers/providers. I've learned a lot from the folks here. And those that I've PM'd with have been a blessing. Made this whole journey way more tolerable and even at times entertaining!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:17 am 

This place is filled with bigots. I'm out of here and never coming back. - Goodbye MsErin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:36 am 

JDavis wrote:
This place is filled with bigots. I'm out of here and never coming back. - Goodbye MsErin.

JDavis,

You have left me scratching my head. I just went back to read the post by MsErin in this thread and I dont seem to see anything that would suggest why anyone could be upset. If you have any concerns, please contact any of the admin's and Im sure it will be looked into.

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next