www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10 things about me.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:13 am 

Rope_Wrench wrote:

You have left me scratching my head. I just went back to read the post by MsErin in this thread and I dont seem to see anything that would suggest why anyone could be upset. If you have any concerns, please contact any of the admin's and Im sure it will be looked into.

Thanks

Possibly MsErin was the person who invited her here and that's why her post was addressed to her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 am 

HumanFly wrote:
Rope_Wrench wrote:

You have left me scratching my head. I just went back to read the post by MsErin in this thread and I dont seem to see anything that would suggest why anyone could be upset. If you have any concerns, please contact any of the admin's and Im sure it will be looked into.

Thanks

Possibly MsErin was the person who invited her here and that's why her post was addressed to her.

She just doesnt like men.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:47 pm 

I'd just like to say, kindly, that I've never caught any hints from any members that they hold any biased views. Obviously everyone has their own opinions and values based on their experiences, but it seems like we all have a clearer picture on what's important from the commonality we share.

I was looking for, and have met, nothing but kind strangers here to share the struggle with.

That is all. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:49 pm 

I’m so confused. Because she said she’s a lesbian that means she doesn’t like men? That’s absurd. I’m transgender what does that mean about me? I’ve NEVER seen bigotry on this board and I’ve been out since day 1. I’ve always felt very comfortable, supported and accepted here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:12 pm 

justej wrote:
I’m so confused. Because she said she’s a lesbian that means she doesn’t like men? That’s absurd. I’m transgender what does that mean about me? I’ve NEVER seen bigotry on this board and I’ve been out since day 1. I’ve always felt very comfortable, supported and accepted here.

So she or he is M to F trans. That was her last PM to me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:32 pm 

I’m not following. I’m ftm trans and I don’t hate women.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:11 am 

I just read MsErin's profile and that is her bio which is what JDavis was quoting. Explains why she's not been on here in several months.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:19 am 

JDavis wrote:
So she or he is M to F trans. That was her last PM to me.

You mean MsErin is trans?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 am 

1. Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?

Both. Started out as a bed wetter after a bicycle accident, life issues at 15. Now both due to chronic bowel issues that led to surgery in 2019.

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?

A bit of both tab briefs and pull-ups for now but switching to full briefs soon.

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?

The bed wetting is due to both life issues and an accident when I was 15. The bowel issues started months after bowel resection surgery in February on 2019

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?

All of thee above. Still on medications (doesn’t work all the time) See physical therapy every week. Doctors don’t know what to do that will not be another life effecting surgery.

5. Does your incontinence (only) limit you from living a full and happy life?

What life? I cannot use my lower abdominal muscles so chronic back pain. I have 2 or more bowel accidents a day and I wet myself without any stopping anytime I am standing up to long.

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?

I always wanted a big family but sadly I am supper single and have been for many years. (For a lot of reasons besides incontinence)

7. Do your immediate family members and close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?

Family knows and I really don’t have friends.

8. What part of the world do you reside?

In a very small town in Pennsylvania

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with or manage your incontinence?

I started on the forum back on October 6th 2014 because I had no were to turn for guidance.

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add?

There have been a lot of ups-downs over the last almost seven years on this board. Some of the stuff I shared here is just now being told to my parents. It is hard to adjust to a 24/7 need for diapers and having bowel issue sucks. I only wish that I would have been more open with family back before covid-19 so that now they would understand more of what I am going thought.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:03 pm 

1. Both
2. Disposables and boosters 100% and disposables with both cloth diapers (sleeping) 35% and both plastic pants
3. Illness (stroke)
4. Many tests. Minimal drugs.
5. A little.
6. Single
7. Yes & yes.
8. Chicago area.
9.Yes
10. What I would like to add - Incontinence is depressing. Some recovery with time. Better physically but a cruel unexpected surprise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next