www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 10 things about me.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:45 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
I see this on Facebook a lot so I thought I’d share a little and I hope you all will copy/paste and share a little about yourself WITHOUT personal identity information.
I have shared more with members here than with my family over the past few years and you all have helped me through many difficult times. I want to thank you all!

1. Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?
Urinary

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Cloth 80%, disposable 15%, pull-ups with pads 5%

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Birth defect, child birth

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Many tests. Many drugs. Stopped all drugs. Side effects.

5. Does your incontinence (only) limit you from living a full and happy life?
Nope

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Married with children

7. Do your immediate family members and close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Yes and yes

8. What part of the world do you reside?
USA- Texas

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with or manage your incontinence?
YES!

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add?
I was once asked if I “enjoyed” wearing diapers in a PM. I have been incontinent most of my life. I don’t have the luxury of choice. I try REAL HARD to normalize diapers in my life, else I get depressed.

1. Urinary

2. disposable

3. accident

4. tested

5. no. incontinence has long since become a non issue

6. single

7. yes and yes.

8. Allyn Wa. Puget Sound area.

9. yes

10. I neither like, nor dislike incon/diapers. I realized there are ironic benefits to wearing diapers. This came after accepting being incon..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:01 pm 

WetDad wrote:
Urinary, OAB

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
disposable 95%, cloth, 5%

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Possibly side effects of anti-depressants, not a firm diagnosis

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Many tests. Many drugs. Stopped all drugs. Side effects. One painful surgery that did nothing.

Not at all

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Married, 2 children, 3 dogs, a cat, lots of fish

7. Do your immediate family members and close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Wife knows/understands (she wears pads herself). She may have shared this with some of her girlfriends, but they have never said anything. As far as I know, nobody else knows except my doctor.

USA- Left Coast

Very much

In my profession, I travel a lot. For years it was 75%, WFH the rest. Now, like everyone else I'm stuck at home and our dogs love it.

I can't tell if there is any derision in "Left Coast", or not.
I have to admit, it would be had I wrote it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:37 am 

I'm a visual person, and left = west. I'm actually in Kingston, WA. Just north of you an hour's drive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:04 pm 

Hey all! Hope everyone has had a good start to the new year!

all!

Urinary

99% disposable diapers (cloth backed), 1% pull-ups

Birth defect - OAB bladder and lack of ADH

Medications (side effects greatly outweighed benefits), bladder/urine tests

Not anymore. Growing up it hurt my self confidence and self esteem and kept me from sleeping away from home

Married with no kids (yet)

Family was well aware growing up and very accepting. Pretty sure they are completely unaware now and assume I stopped. Now only my wife and one friend know and both are extremely accepting.

USA

Yes, definitely helps

I still have times where it is overwhelming and seems almost unreal to still be suffering from it and needing diapers as an adult who is now married. But for most sort I learned to accept it once I told my wife back when we moved in together. Really was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and made accepting it so much easier having her full understanding and support. Never

Growing up I was so fearful that I would be put back into diapers so I could never have imagined I’d be at the stage today where I truly appreciate the diapers. Part of me wishes I would have been put back into them as the benefits have been truly amazing - sleep quality has gone through the roof, time and money spent cleaning up so many mornings, and just overall health as I no longer dehydrate myself. Staying properly hydrated has made me feel so much healthier and also improved my general outlook and attitude. No more waking up mornings groggy and feeling terrible having cut my liquids off the prior 12+ hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:01 pm 

WetDad wrote:
I'm a visual person, and left = west. I'm actually in Kingston, WA. Just north of you an hour's drive.

I see. Strictly visual meaning, nothing political. Yep, I've been to Silverdale countless times. I work for NAVFAC Transportation. I often have to truck material back and forth from Bangor. I also spend time with friends of mine that live in Silverdale.