www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sexual Matters...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 pm 

I hesitate to post this, but I think we are here to help each other, and maybe this will help others.......

I read a post here:

"My wife is not incontinent, and I don't leak alot during this, but it turns off my wife sometimes. I thought about what you did, so I asked her about her wearing a diaper to catch my leaks. She was reluctant at first, but she finnally agreed to try it.
Well it worked great! I did leak as usual, but nothing got on the bed. She really liked the ideal about no clean-up afterwards. It seems to have helped with her attitude now. This weekend, she came to bed in a diaper and was ready for it again! Sorry if this offends anyone, but sex and diapers are a real problem for couples who are incontinent."

This is a near image of my own experience.....

I am a widower, but when my lovely wife was around, she was very supportive of my continence issues, and, indeed, had some minor continence issues herself, especially when we made-love together, if you get my drift......

I have to wear a nappy to bed, or else I have to send-out flares for a lifeboat! My wife didn't have this problem, but nearly every night she wore nappies and plastic pants to bed, so that we could "cuddle" without getting the sheets wet. The best solution was for both of us to wear snap-side terry pants, with snap-side plastic pants. We found that we could make love in many positions without wetting the sheets, then "snap-up" and go back to sleep.

Necessity is the Mother of invention........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 am 

Owly,
I some how missed your post replying to my post. I am sorry to hear about your wife. She was truely special to support you as she did.
Incontinence is such a problem for the male or female who is trying to be intimate with their spouse. No telling how many couple just don't have sex because of this.
The way you and your wife did was such a great way to show how much you care for one another. I hope you have coped with your loss and will pray for you. Thanks again for sharing this with us! ..........Paul Martin