www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tena pants super
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm 

Just a quick question. Does anyone else use Tena pants for day time incontinence ? I have been using them now for well over a year without any problems. However just lately I have been experiencing more than just the odd leak after wetting. This is mainly urine down my legs.
Not life threating I know but still not nice. I dont think I have been wetting more than usual ( I have urge incontinence ).
I had thought about using waterproof pants over the top , but when I mentioned it to my Continence Adviser she didn't think it was a good idea.Has anyone got any thoughts on this matter. Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Tena Pants
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:38 pm 

Hey Dave!
I, at one time, used the Tena disposable diaper. They are a very good diaper, but I had some problems with them. I used their Ultra. It has the cloth like outer covering. They started using the "hook" system for the fastening. It worked well, but when they packaged them, they stuck together, and when I tried to pull them apart, it left little pin holes in the outer covering and they leaked.
I think using a pair of plastic pants over your disposable is a great ideal to help with the occasional leak. I wear them all the time. Go for it, man! .......................Paul Martin

Post subject: With out...
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:23 pm 

Without something over the Tena and under the plastic pants free moisture will just roll around until it finds a way out...

Just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 am 

My two cents
Scott your right about it leaking eventually but at least it gives you a chance if your able to get somewhere and change.

I'm not a pull up wearer I'm way beyond that :cry: But I have a friend that is. She switches back and forth between briefs pull ups and strap on ones. She use to use the Tena's as well but started having the same problem as Paul talks about she switched to the Attends. She says they are about the same as the Tena's as far as what they hold but with out the leaks

.............Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 am 

Dave,
Let me add to the good replies you've already gotten.

Pull ons are, in my opinion, best for "just in case" protection and aren't intended to get wet. I know that sounds a bit strange, but they just are not really a "diaper" which is intended to get wet.

The pull on protection is very skimpy in the crotch, where you need maximum absorbant material, in order to feel like "normal" underwear so it will appeal to perhaps the newer incons who still shy away from wearing a "diaper". In addition, it relys on an elastic waist band to hold it up...fine while it is dry. But if you get it wet, sag sets in and the pull ons want to slide down and off....not comfortable at all.

But a diaper has adequate absorbancy in the crotch and tapes on so it reamains snug and secure as it gets wet.

I think wearing plastic pants over the pull on protection is about useless; I'd suggest you try a diaper first; you may find that will handle your incon needs for some time to come, providing security from leaks and more comfort than the "less than adequate pull on protection" without the need to add plastic pants.

JoeK

Post subject: Tena pants super
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:58 am 

Hello Dave
I too live with urge Incontinence. Pull-ups wouldn't work for the amount of urine I lose. The best protection for me is the taped diaper, or fitted brief. I also use a nappy booster pad and wear boxer shorts between the fitted brief and the waterproof pants. I don't have leaks.
I've heard others mention about using boxers as a means of absorbing any leakage, which could otherwise find it's way out of the leg cuffs of the waterproofs.
Dave, if you wish to continue with the pull-ups you could try some extra absorbancy in them, a pair of boxers and waterproofs, but may need to consider changing them once wet.
Best wishes
Richard

Post subject: Tena Pats leaking
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:54 am 

Hi thanks for the replies. The reason I went for pull ups is that they dont show under clothes. Before I had the Tena Pants I used Tena Comfort. These are shaped pads which are held in place by a net brief. These are a fair bit more absorbent but they are a lot more noticeable .
I have been incontinent for some four years and am still hugely embarrassed by it all. At night when there is no risk of being noticed I wear the Abri- form diaper. This normally gives me trouble free night, but it's the day time protection that gives me all the stress.

Post subject: Tena Pats leaking
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:25 pm 

Hello Dave
I'm from Devon too. I sense you have a real concern about your protection being visible whilst you are out. You are not alone in this fear. You really arn't. Most of us here have been through the same fear. But do you know it’s irrational and untrue. I was asked recently for some advice on discreet protection. I said that wearing adequate protection for your wetting is discreet protection. I can’t emphasize enough, NO ONE WILL KNOW, NOR EVEN CARE about you wearing protection. They've got more important things on their minds. The only person who will know will be you. But, believe me they will know if you're walking around in wet trousers. When my bladder empties in public, only I and my guide dog know and that’s the way it should be. That to me is discreet protection.
I can understand why you went for pull-ups and why not still use them, but have a back up of waterproofs over the top.
Best wishes from a fellow Devonian
Richard

Post subject: Pull - ups
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:03 am 

Hi Richard. I think that I'll have to " bite the bullet " and have a chat with my Continence Adviser. Will ask about some more absorbent pads.
The Tena Pants are getting too unreliable.
Thanks again for everyone's input.

Post subject: Re: Tena Pats leaking
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 pm 

Richard44 wrote:
I said that wearing adequate protection for your wetting is discreet protection. I can’t emphasize enough, NO ONE WILL KNOW, NOR EVEN CARE about you wearing protection. They've got more important things on their minds. The only person who will know will be you. But, believe me they will know if you're walking around in wet trousers. When my bladder empties in public, only I and my guide dog know and that’s the way it should be. That to me is discreet protection.

How very true.. the whole point of wearing protection is keeping one's pants dry and avoiding embarassment. And, for us males, from my experience, you really can't do that with a pullup. They leave gaps in the crotch and don't stay snug. The only 2 that even come close are attends undewear and tena pullup, NOT the tena serenity ones in stores.. but the Tena pullup.. But even these dont have protection to keep one totally secure... It is my opinon that for men, the best option for anything more than just a drop now and then occasionally is a brief, plain and simple.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II