www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 pm 

There's really been a lot of serious topics discussed here lately and of course that is exactly what this forum is for. However I just thought I might try to lighten up the conversation here a bit with a not quite so serious topic and I hope it's not out of line.
I was wondering if anyone else has ever found a great buy at a thrift shop, on Craigslist, or maybe even at a garage sale. Recently I was in a local thrift shop and was amazed to find two brand new packs of Abena L4's and a pack of Mollicares, for only $3.98 a pack. I snapped them up, paid the cashier, and walked out of there feeling like I stole them. One other time I found two cases of Abena Abri-Flex pull-ups on Craigslist for $10 a case and I just couldn't pass that one up either.
So, has anyone else ever had some great thrift shop, Craigslist, or garage sale diaper finds?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm 

I found a pack of plastic backed Attends at the local Goodwill for about 3 bucks - don't know how old they were. They also had a pack of the blue institutional diapers but I passed on those.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm 

I am always giving away diapers and pullups on CL and FB groups as we are getting just too many supplies a month with 3 people getting supplies here everyone month

Saving the world one family at a time, restoring hope though compassion.