www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diaper sizing question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm 

Hey everyone i am working on some medical stuff for the VA and it was suggested to me since i already have medicaid covering my supplies was to bring duplicate scrips to the new VA dr so he/she can prescribe all my supplies during my physical that is coming up is a few weeks

So going though MedSurge Catalog I see my best options are either Tranquility "ATN's" or MoliCares "Premium" i have tries all the other diapers in the past dealing with WA state Medicaid and there willingness to only pay .78 Per diaper so the best i could get was Tena Ultra or stretch.. and the Tena stretches didn't work for me and failed in huge way.

so here is my question/ problem Yes i am a bit overweight with fitting into 44-45 pants right now so I wear Xl diapers for the time being... How is the sizing on the Molicare Lg. i see they have a size rage of 47-59 inch but i have some to not truch size range in the past as they are all a little off... i know the tranquility ATN's will fit as i got a trials of the tranquility ATN & elitecare briefs and they both fit well

I am trying to stick to formulary for now till i get some patient history.

Saving the world one family at a time, restoring hope though compassion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:17 am 

I am a bit smaller than you (40 waist) and I can just barely squeeze into a Molicare Medium so I am pretty sure a large will fit you just fine. As for the ATN's i'm sure a large will fit you as they fit me with plenty of overlap onto the front panel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 am 

If Molicare and Tranquility are the best diapers that you can get through the VA, so be it. However, IMHO those are not the best brands of adult diapers on the market. My three favourites are ComfiDry 24/7 (which I’ve been wearing almost exclusively for the past year), Better Dry, and Rearz Inspire+ InControl. Of the three, Inspire+ InControl has the highest capacity (about 5L or 1.3 U.S. gallons). It’s the diaper to wear to bed after you’ve been out drinking beer all evening! But ComfiDry 24/7 and Better Dry fit my geezer’s physique somewhat better and cost a little less.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 am 

I am a size 40 and the molicare large fits me well, They are my every day pad because I find them so comfortable. I find the molicare best because to wick really good and the pulp doesn't bunch at the front resulting in leakage. They are good for night time too.