Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Polyester Plastic Pants

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:59 am

Print Plastic Pants:
A member on the Yahoo site has mentioned a new site to that offers a colorfull range of print waterproof pants. They are not juvenile prints, but more adult type. The site is changingtimesdiaperco.com. Their pants are polyester, not plastic or vinyl. They look good, and are priced reasonably well. Check them out if you like a little variety in your diaper cover! ........................Paul Martin

Bold print waterproof pants

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:08 am

Thank you, Paul, for posting this news!

We have had a thread in the past, perhaps more than once, where we talk about juvenile print plastic pants for relief from the institutional white of a lot of "incontinence pants".

We've been able to get some relief with wearing colors which are available from a lot of suppliers, with Suprima being perhaps the brightest and boldest of all as they include blue, green and orange in bold colors. Most other suppliers/mfrs offer pastel colors limited to blue, yellow and pink.

Prints are a whole different thing but plastic pants only offer juvenile prints due in large part to the cost of producing vinyl sheeting. A roll of vinyl makes a huge quantity of pants and manufacturers want to be reasonably certain such pants are going to sell. Since the baby pants market will always take juvenile print, that is all there is available for manufacturers of adult vinyl plastic pants.

A new company on the west coast has heard our pleas for prints for adults and is producing a line of waterproof nylon pants (not plastic pants) in 9 prints plus plain white if you want a basic pull on nylon waterproof pant. Many like nylon pants and feel they are more comfortable than vinyl plastic pants.

The manufacturer is Bumpkins, a well known US maker of baby items, not to be confused with Babykins, the Canadian maker of baby items.

Of the nine patterns offered, most are adult print with a few that are juvenile print to appeal to the youngsters...or the young at heart! If you'd like a refreshing change to your diaper wardrobe, you owe it to yourself to get some of these bold, colorful print waterproof nylon pants.

There is a noise factor; nylon pants rustle a lot more than vinyl plastic pants. Not that it's a big deal, but I wanted to mention it for the folks who are more sensative to noise. Most of us don't give it a second thought and pulling cotton briefs or even boxers over the nylon pants will quiet them more if you feel your outer wear doesn't silence them sufficiently.

I have just received some of these waterproof nylon pants and will be wear testing them and will let you know what I think after some wash and wear cycles.

Paul lists the url in his post and I've asked Schoppy to add it to our links page.

JoeK

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Im sorry that I havent added the link to our links page.
Im just getting over a BAD UTI.
As all of us that have had a UTI, they are not fun. :cry:

Schoppy

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:36 am

I hope you are well over the UTI, Schoppy, they are never any fun!

Thank you for putting up the link to Changing Times! Now, if you would please, add a brief description for folks who may be simply perusing the links page. I do believe they are unique at this point in time offering bold prints waterproof pants that should appeal to adults.

So I would suggest something such as:

www.changingtimesdiaperco.com (NEW; offering colorful adult print waterproof nylon pants)

Thank you, kind sir!
JoeK

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:38 pm

I knew I forgot to add something to the discription, thanks Joe.

That was NOT a fun time. I first started out with some food poisening then it went into a UTI, then it went up into my kidney. At least I wasnt in the hospital for this one. Last time I had one like this the Dr had me in the hospital for 10 days on IV's.

UTI's are NEVER fun. :evil:

Schoppy
Post a reply