www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:41 pm 

I was just wondering how many different types of diapers/pads you keep a supply of and use regularly? I think we all know the trick (at least for some of us) is to try to estimate what your needs for the day may be and pad up appropriately. I keep a good sized supply of three diapers (McKesson Ultra, Tranquility ATN, Dry 24/7 or Abena L4) and two pad/boosters (Assurance Male Guards, Northshore small boosters) which in various combinations work well to control my level of incontinence, kind of a small, medium, and large thing.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I do have a small supply of Abena Abri-Flex pull-ups that I use for certain situations, they do come in handy sometimes.

Last edited by Padded53 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:44 pm 

At home I use washables almost exclusively. When I travel, I use ConfiDdry 24/7.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:47 pm 

I think most of us use a variety of diapers for different purposes.

Around the house I will use a less expensive but very reliable diaper.

For wear away from the home I think that most tend to wear a diaper that combines discreteness with the requisite absorbency. However, as I worry much less about bulges any more :D , my mainstay disposable diaper is the ConfiDry 24/7, unless I am wearing tighter dress trousers. Then I probably will wear a NorthShore Care Supreme or a Seni Quatro. I wore the Tena Slip Maxi with dress trousers until they changed over to a cloth-like shell.

At night I wear my most absorbent diaper. For me my night diaper is a heavy cloth prefold, plus boosters. Previously this was a Dry 24/7 disposable.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:27 pm 

Most of the time I use my home made cloth diaper with vinyl pants. When I travel I use dry 24/7 or if I am staying in my RV I can use less expensive disposable diapers. If I am in my RV I can change whenever I need to. No matter what diaper I am wearing I use a booster consisting of a Depend guard. I take my utility knife and make slits in the back so it becomes a flow through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:28 am 

Prefold cloth diapers with Gary Active Wear PUL briefs when at home and typically in the warmer months Abena Abri-Form 3 Premium & Molicare Slip Super Plus Briefs in the cooler/winter months

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:44 am 

My supply consist of a little of everything. Normally at home and on my days off I am using cloth diapers. I find them more comfortable and reliable. Yes, they are a pain to get on some times and the laundry is a pain but when you look at the savings, it's totally worth the work. When at work I'll use the Northshore supreme lite during the day and Abena L4 at night. I tried the Northshore supreme for night time but found they get really hard and uncomfortable when they get wet.
I do keep pull on diapers on hand for special situations like working out or doin yard work when something more long lasting could cause issues. I also have some lower end tape on for those times when I need to change but I need to delay it a bit to get more out of a longer wear diaper. Another reason I keep some of the lower quality ones around is they are typically thinner and can be cooler but protect better then a pull on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:41 pm 

I keep a large variety of diapers around the house. Some are just ones I wanted to try, others are leftovers from brands I won't try again.

My normal routine is Tena Slip Maxi during the day and Abena M4 at night. On nights where I have taken in more fluids than normal, I switch to BetterDry.
I took a trip back to the USA last month and brought some MyDiaper Black with me, just for something different. They are a pretty good diaper and lasted the entire flight across the pond.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:01 am 

I currently use Dry 2/7 for my night time and Forsite Am/pm for my day time I find it a bit wider in the front and it seems to handle my daytime issues better then the Dry 24/7.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:50 am 

pretty much settled on the NS Air Supreme day and Night. for Night I add the large booster from NS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:56 pm 

Two... AgeUK (which is a UK Charity, but in this case, it refers to the suppliers own brand) outer...
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/age ... of-20.html

... and these LIlle below...
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/lil ... of-30.html