www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cost of a Doc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:44 pm 

LtsofQues,
I understand where you are coming from. My suggestion is this. Ask around your girlfriends to see if any of them see a uroligist. I guess most women ask questions to their OB/GYN since it's female related. Do you have a OB/GYN you've seen before? They may be a little cheaper if you have an established doctor.
If you don't, see if your girlfriends can suggest a good uroligist. Save up some money and see one soon. A OB/GYN doctor can help with your UTI's. They can help a little with urinary incontinece, too. My wife has seen her OB/GYN for her overactive bladder. It's not getting much better with her med she's using, though. She may have to breakdown and go to a uroligist soon.
Anyways, watch your health. Don't be afraid to spend a little money if you get bad off sick. Also, check into some health insurance. Does your workplace not offer any? ......Paul

Post subject: Thanks Paul
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 pm 

I can't afford the health plan at work right now, so I will have to wait until August to enroll. Every time I have the money saved something comes up. I'm getting there though. Part of the problem, I must admit is the shame of telling someone about diapers. I know it sounds silly because I'm sure many patients have them. It has to be done.

Post subject: Don't feel ashamed
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:30 am 

LtsofQues,
Make that your number 1 goal to get on that health insurance plan. You're risking too much if you don't have adequate insurance. All it takes is one really bad accident or illness. and you'll be ruined for a long time financially.
As far as the embarrasment, don't worry about it. The uroligist won't scold you. He/she is only wanting to get you better. My urologist always is asking me how I cope wearing a diaper all the time. He really does appreciate me being open and not afraid to talk about it. They realize that you're uncomfortable in talking about it. ........Paul

Post subject: Thanks paul
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:31 am 

Your right, it has to be a priority. I'm concerned also that they will charge extra for tests that they may order. Does anyone know what to expect? One thing I'm planning to ask, depending on the diagnosis, is that I'm sure I've seen in my web search some type of bracelet that helps people with bladder problems. Does anyone know what this is and how it works? Wouldn't it be great to trade diapers for a digital bracelet? I'm going to search right now and look this up to find out more.

Post subject: doctor expectations
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:52 am 

LstofQues,
On your initial visit, depending what the doctor suspects, he'll order a urine test, maybe an ultra-sound. But you should expect some test being done.
As far as thet bracelet, I think that sounds like a waste. Check it out, though. Don't spend a lot of money on it, though. Good Luck! ......Paul

Post subject: Thanks Paul
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:37 pm 

Your right, if these devices worked everyone on this board would already have one.