www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Open Invitation
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:58 pm 

Sometimes I feel as though this board is only being used by Sandy and myself. We've been sending messages back and forth more than commenting on other members post or answering questions.]

I would like to extend a personal message to all members to check in every now and then even if it's just a note to say HI!, that you're checking the board on a regular basis to see what's happening.

I think we have 183 real members, and I really think there's about a third of them who check in every now and then. I really love chatting with Sandy, but I would love to see more input from our other members! I really doesn't take long to post and anything anyone wants to say or talk about would be greatly appreciated!! Come on down, Folks!! ......Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:52 pm 

I'll second that one Paul's Great and we have been hearing from one new guy Joe Marty. But lets here from some more How about some women! young or old I don't care get involved.................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:53 pm 
Admin

Ill third that comment. hehe

I know I dont post as often as some wonderfull people here but I do check this site many times a week.

Now that the spammers have been stopped (at least for a while) I too hope more people will post here.

I also invite everyone to join in the weekly live chat thats setup.
You will have to have an IRC program of some type. Mirc is just one of them.
The information is on our main website here.

Schoppy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:32 pm 

I'm here. I check the forums several times a week for anything new, but I don't often post.

I'm 53 and use cloth diapers on a pretty regular basis. I really enjoyed the primer and learned a lot from it, though I'm still wrestling with how to fold a rather thick cloth diaper and make it comfortable. Maybe it can't be done, or maybe I'm just too sensitive to the folds and thickness. Anyway, I'm doin' all right, and getting used to being diapered, and I am thankful for these forums!

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:24 pm 

Hi Dave
Thank you for posting on the board It's good to know someone is out there :) I'm sorta new to the cloth thing myself I've been using the snap ons and the velcro ones mostly. But as you may have gathered in other posts I've been in disposables for most of my adult life. So how long have you been incontinent :?: You sound as if you maybe sorta new.
..................Sandy :)

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:15 am 

DAVE,
I was so pleased to see your post! Along with Sandy's welcome,please accept my welcome to the forum! We are a caring group and love to help people out or just talk things over.
I know there must be more like youself who visit the site to read the post, but never have any thing to say. That's OK. Just drop us a note saying you like our comments or want to add a small note or comment.
Again, Dave, thank you for posting! ............... Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:11 pm 

Hey Sandy and Paul-

I've been lurking here for awhile. I started having bedwetting issues a couple of years ago. My doctor concluded that it's a result of an accident I had when I was seven.

I rode my bike out of a biketrail in a wooded area right out into a highway, and a car was there waiting for me. I had serious abdominal damage because my handlebar twised sideways and I went forward into it. The hospital had a visiting abdominal surgeon operate on me who later told my folks that had he not been there I probably wouldn't have survived.

So, my wetting problems now seem to be a result of the injury from that accident. As we get older things tend to loosen up and get weaker, and age+injury have resulted in some incontinence for me. My first time was about 4 years ago. I was sound asleep with my wife in bed. I woke up and found that I had *completely* flooded my side of the bed: tshirt, undies, sheets, everything. It didn't make it to her side, thankfully.

After that sort of thing happened a few more times I started wearing protection and I headed to the doctor. After some exams and ultrasounds he said that the damage caused by the accident isn't really repairable, and that surgery could even make it worse. He said to just get used to wearing protection, and move on. So, I have.

I find cloth diapers are the best for me, cause when I wet, I really wet! I like Angelfluff the best (they're Christian and have a great product), and Suprima pants from B4NS.com. I have a few packages of Abena Xplus for travelling and when cloth isn't convenient.

Well, that's my story. I'll keep checking back here for ideas and camaraderie. Any, anything that I can do to help anyone else I'll be glad to do!

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:15 pm 

Dave,
Thank you so much for your story. It's always nice to know how other members got the way they are. I guess we're looking for similarities in the cause of our incontinence. You're right about angelfluff diaper company.
In fact their place is only 50 miles from where I am here in Tennessee. I still use one of their flat diapers. B4NS is a good source for plastic pants too.
Dave, even if you just want to drop a line to say Hi, would be great! Thanks again, and I hope to be hearing from you again soon! (PS, you'll probably get a reply from Sandy. She likes everybody on this forum. She's a good girl, too!) .............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:47 am 

Hi Dave
That sounded like a nasty crash you had OUCH! For me it just kind of happen no big story behind it. I use to have problems at night as a child. Then later in life when I became an adult I began having problems during the day as well. I went to several Doctors urologists and so on. They did all kinds of tests and but me on pills that just caused more problems. and then just basically said some people leak? And your one of them. One thing they had said when I was a child is that I had an under developed bladder.

I've worn diapers at night all my life I was one of the lucky ones. My parents never used the punishment method on me for wetting at night they always kept me in diapers at night through out my childhood and teenage years. I guess to be honest I did have some accidents during the day when I was a kid but it wasn't very often. I can remember when I got older if by chance I did have a daytime accident trying to hide it and take care of it myself. But somehow 1/2 the time it would seem my mom would somehow find out about it. And I'd here "O" Sandy you really need to pay better atention to yourself :roll: I can remember my Father a few times if by chance he would find out about it shake his head and smile at me. Well anyway it's late and I'm starting to ramble :roll:
Dave please feel free to jump in anytime We would love to here from you.....Sandy :)

Post subject: Long, Many questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:02 am 

I am new and somewhat inexperienced at the management part and what else to expect. I had back spasms which improved with physical therapy and caused my bladder to malfunction. I could barely tell when I needed to go and what little sensation I had gave me about thirty seconds to get there. It is a little better now but I still have some weakness and consistent leaking most likely due to recurrent bladder infections. Which this condition sometimes your bladder doesn't seem to empy all the way, other times it can empty whenevr it wants without your consent. My most horrible experience was carrying groceries from a block from my house and losing all control. I never thought this could happen to me. Another time I was at work and had no indication but a wet stream hitting my ankle. Another time I I thought I was having a good day until I reached the bathroom with a large wet spot between my legs which I never even felt. I don't think regular maxis are up to this task. However, I was in denial and was too embarassed to buy better protection. I think the worst is over for now. I am going to see a urologist but am afraid of the cost and have been too ashamed to discuss this with anyone. I want to start going to the gym but this is a real setback. I was thinking of using poise panties because a workout can cause consistent leaking and usually agush ot two. I had an experience in aerobics class once and don't want to repeat it. I posted on the poise board and someone replied that it would be too bulky but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Would it work with a longer shirt? I'm concerned anout the discreetness and what to do if I have to change. Does anyone have a routine suggestion? One last thing that irks me is public bathroom access and I'm sure you know what I mean. At work it helps me to go every hour or so to keep my bladder empty. If I wait until what may be the last minute or close to it I am taking a big risk. I've noticed some coworkers can think your trying to avoid work. Many stores, banks, and other public places either have restrooms that require a long walk to get to or are hard to find. Once I was in Wal- mart and they had cleaning carts by the bathroom and a closed sign. I asked if I could just go in and was told no which presented a slightly bad situation. I think there should be some legislation or something to be done about this. I wonder if anything is in the works. Sorry about the length, this will be my last long post. I hope to gain some advice and insight. Thanks for listening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next