www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:55 pm 

I have accidently found a product you can use in your diaper pail for cloth diaper wearers out there. It's called "Poof". What is it? It's a very small eyedrop size bootle that has Japanese Mint aroma. It's main purpose is for bathroom toilet use to destroy odors from a BM. It works great for that, but I tried one drop in my diaper pail and the odors are cancelled with it. The amonia smell never has a chance to start. I've been spraying my rinsed out diaper with Dreft spray, which works good, but this "Poof" does it a a cheaper cost.
It cost $ 9.50 per bottle and you get 400 drops per bottle. That translates to about 2.4 cents per use. I really like it. The place where my wife found it is called "The House of Rice". Their website is www.houserice.com.
You can get general information on this product by going to "www.poofdrops.com.
All you cloth diaper wearers who use the wet soaking style to hold your diapers over till they are washed need to check this out. I personally wash my cloth diapers every night. I have not tried this if you want to wait a few days before you wash. Just a heads up on this product. I hope this will help someone!! ...........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:48 pm 

That sounds interesting I've always just used scented garbage bags in my diaper pail. I wash my cloth diapers every other day so they don't usually get to nasty smelling. As far as disposables our dump is open twice a week. so I can get rid of them every few days. .............. :) Sandy

Post subject: Diaper Pail Smells
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 pm 

Sandy,
Before I used the poof drops, I had to use a chlorine bleach almost every load to help with the occasional odors. I now don't have to do this with the drops! I realize that chlorine will eventually reduce the life of your cloth diapers.
Also, I've noticed the thicker the diaper, the easier it tends to promote ammonia smells. My flat type diapers and baby diapers are thin enough to get all the urine washed out completely. ...........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:27 pm 

When washing I've been using a little bleach. I've also been using dreft as you stated you use. But I don't find that dreft by it's self can get them clean..................Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:25 pm 

Speaking of Diaper pails has anyone ever used those adult size diaper pails are the worth it :?: ................Sandy :)

Post subject: Diaper Pails
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:15 am 

Sandy,
I've seen several adult size diaper pails on a couple of sites. I personally use a 5 gallon bucket size cat litter pail. It's perfect for me. With a handle, I just drain it in the toilet, and dump it in the washer. I do a spin cycle first before I start the wash. Using the "poof" gives the pail a nice minty smell.
Those adult size pails look like a size that would hold several days worth. I wash every day. I also soak my diapers so the large size may be a little awkward to haul around? ..........Paul Martin