www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:59 am 

Michael and I, the co-authors of the Primer, plan to go thru the Primer and revise parts as needed, based on our collections of tips and comments from you on this board and the folks on the Yahoo Adult Incon board.

We are looking for any and all comments, suggestions and ideas.

If you've read the Primer and thought "Those guys are way out in left field" or "Man, those guys haven't a clue! I could tell them how to ...." well, folks, now is your time! It's your turn! Let us know and your input will be considered during the revision.

Don't forget caths and leg bags; we can use input especially on dealing with the tubing tugging, tapes hurting, general discomfort many report when trying a condom cath. tips on which attachment works best would be really appreciated.

I'd rather be an editor than a writer, so let's get the stuff coming in!

Joe K

Post subject: Primer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:17 pm 
Admin

Hi Joe

Its great having you back online again.
You have done a great job on the primer and I hope you get a lot of great ideas for the update. :D

Schoppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:52 am 

Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome, Schoppy! It certainly is great to be back on line! And great to back with the Incon groups!

I've been in contact with the co-author-Michael in Toronto-and he's agreed we need to revise and freshen up the Primer. I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to settle in here after an interstate move with a life time collection of "stuff". And I left much behind, in a 40 yard roll off dumpster-but have plenty with me to unpack and find a place for.

Still, we are looking at the winter/spring period for the rework. We don't expect to get buried with response to our plea for suggestions-it never happens. But Michael and I have learned much from this board and Brew's board so our revisions will, in fact, reflect input from everyone who has posted at either of these boards.

Direct suggestions that we incorporate will be credited to the person making such a suggestion(s). Here's your chance for fame and recognition <grin>

We would sure like more input from women. I think the Primer really lacks the woman's touch and if we could get enough material, it'd be great to have "womens only" chapter.

We would also like to have more for the non-ambulatory folks. The Primer is written for the folks (with no disabilities) that are out and about, with lots of emphasis on managing diapers in public, at the office and at work. But we lack much for those struggling with physical problems, braces or lack of range of movement, use of a wheel chair and so on. We know they are out there so we'd sure like to hear from them!

And a special thanks to you for getting me back with my senority! I really do appreciate that! For everyone: when I came back, I posted as Joe Kelly and show up as a "guest". Now I am JoeK; same person. You won't see any more posts by "Joe Kelly-guest"

Joe Kelly